-- Smarty’s Friday Morning Tank Slapper!
- Star Studded: The Toowoomba round of the Sunshine State Series was like a mini national last weekend with Ford Dale, Luke Styke, Jay Marmont, Bailey Coxon, Jacob Wright, Jay Wilson, Simon Thompson, Jake Moss, Robbie Marshall, Adam Monea, Matt Moss, Luke Clout, Brock Winston, Kade Mosig, Daniel McCoy and Joel Dinsdale all getting some practice on the track that will host a round of the MX Nationals later in the year.
- Luke Style took out the open class in Toowoomba ahead of Jake Moss, Daniel McCoy, Robbie Marshall and Jay Marmont while in the lites class Styke took another win from Brock Winston, Kade Mosig and Luke Clout.
- Ford Dale won the opening moto at Toowoomba and was leading the second until he crashed and tweaked his knee. Dale went to his physio on Monday and has been given the all clear to continue his preparation for the MX Nationals.
- Joel Dinsdale blitzed the Intermediate Open class at Toowoomba on a stock YZ450 and the 16 year-old ripped around the undulating layout at the same lap time as the top pro riders throughout the day.
- Dean Ferris has broken a collarbone while contesting the opening round of the Dutch Motocross Championship in Halle. Ferris got crossed up on the face of a heavily rutted jump and crashed heavily. The surgery was done immediately and if everything goes to plan the Aussie will be at Valkenswaard round of the FIM Motocross World Championship on April the 1st. Ferris is currently holding down third place in the 2013 World MX2 championship chase.
- Brett Metcalfe has inked a deal to race the Canadian Motocross Championships for the team that took Matt Goerke to the title in 2012. “Leading Edge Kawasaki’s team manager Jason Hughes approached me, he came forward and it was cool to interact direct with the team manager,” said Metcalfe. “Everything got rolling from there and to be honest I think it’s probably one of the better moves for my career with the position I’m in right now.”
The 2013 2013 Canadian Monster Energy Motocross Nationals will kick off on Sunday 2 June at The Wasteland, Nanaimo, British Columbia. Metcalfe will do selected AMA National Motocross rounds in 2013.
- Dylan Long battled with the talented Matt Ryan to win round 1 of the Northern Regional Victorian Senior Series held at Goulburn Valley last weekend. Long and Ryan went 1-2 in both the Lites and Open classes.
- Ben Townley has once again crashed his Honda CRF450R and has had his collarbone plated in a bid to minimise the healing time. The former World Motocross Champion will be off the bike for the immediate future BUT still believes he will be ready for round one of the MX Nationals on April 14.
|- LATE BRAKING NEWS
- REVIEWS -