-- Terex Australian Supercross - Round One - Preview
The country New South Wales town of Dubbo will host the opening round of the 2012 Terex Australian Supercross Championships (that name will take some getting use to) this weekend so it is timely to look at who is in, who is out and who are the likely winners.
The latest news in the week leading up to the event is that Carlton Dry Honda will have Ben Townley on the starting gate while Matt Moss has dumped his KTM ride to go with the Motul Pirelli Suzuki team and finally Joel Dinsdale has been injured at the Australian Junior Motocross Championship so the GYTR team will be down one future star.
Pro-Open: Ben Townley is the obvious favourite BUT Jay Marmont and Todd Waters will not go down without a fight so I have those three as the series favorites while Matt and Jake Moss grew up on this type of racing so they will be fast and spectacular - they won’t win but it will be fun watching them.
Ford Dale fits into the same category as the Moss twins while Daniel McCoy, Cheyne Boyd, Lawson Bopping and Tye Simmonds will all be fast enough to pepper the podium if all of the cards fall in line on the night.
Pro Lites: Yank Gavin Faith will have his hands full with the likes of Josh Cachia and Luke Styke so I have these three as the championship favorites but you can bet the shoe laces on your Dunlop volleys that Steven Clarke, Ryan Marmont, Chris Plouffe, Scott Column and Kade Mosig will want a piece of the front running as well so this will be a great championship to watch.
Under 19: Among a heap of hard charging youngsters I have to put Jay Wilson as the favourite. He is fast and level headed so that is a big advantage over the ‘brains in the toolbox’ approach. Ben George, Dylan Long and Joel Evans will have a fair crack at the top five as well.
- Round 2: Phillip Island - 27th and 28th of October.
- Round 3: Toowoomba - 10th of November.
- Round 4: Newcastle - 17th of November.
- Here are the confirmed teams and prominent privateers:
- Andrew’s Motorcycles/TM Racing: Nick Geck – Pro-Open
- BCP Honda: Tim Vare – Pro Open. Geran Stapleton – Pro Lites.
- Berry Sweet/Lucas Oil/Yamaha: Craig Anderson – Pro Open. Mitch Norris – Pro-Lites
- Campbell Mining/TLD/Maxima/Honda: Team: Jake Moss – Pro Open. Thomas Larson – Pro-Lites.
- Carlton Dry Honda Thor Racing: Ben Townley – Pro-Open. Ford Dale – Pro Open. Gavin Faith – Pro-Lite (TBC)
- CDR Yamaha: Lawson Bopping – Pro Open. Daniel McCoy – Pro Open
- Choice Motorsports KTM: Jacob Wright – Pro Open. Dylan Long – Under 19s
- DPH Motorsport Honda Racing: Cheyne Boyd – Pro-Open
- FullForce CarsRus Racing: Sam Duncanson – Pro Open. Keiron Hall – Pro Lites
- GYTR Yamaha: Wade Hunter – Under 19s. Sam Martin – Under 19s. Joel Dinsdale – Under 19s.
- Honda/Red Bull/Simmonds Racing: Tye Simmonds – Pro Open
- JDR/KTM Factory Racing: Matt Moss – Pro Open. Dan Reardon – Pro Open. Ryan Marmont – Pro Lites. Josh Cachia – Pro Lites.
- KTM/Choice Suspension: – Jacob Wright – Pro Open. Dylan Long – Under 19.
- Monster Energy Kawasaki: Jay Marmont – Pro Open. Billy Mackenzie – Pro Open. Kade Mosig – Pro Lites
- Motul Pirelli Suzuki: Matt Moss – Pro Open. Todd Waters – Pro Open. Steven Clarke – Pro Lites
- MX Factory Honda: No Idea
- PFG Husqvarna – Chris Plouffe – Pro Lites.
- Privateer – Kim Ashkenazi – Pro-Lites (Honda)
- Privateer – Nick Sutherland – Pro Lites (Kawasaki)
- Privateer – Megan Rutledge – Under 19.
- Raceline Pirelli Suzuki. Errol Willis – Pro Lites. Scott Columb – Pro Lites. Jay Wilson – Under 19s
- Serco Yamaha Metal Mulisha Racing: Luke Styke – Pro Lites. Luke Clout – Pro-Lites.
- Team Axis Motorsports Kawasaki Maxima: Ben George – Under 19s. Jake Vella – Under 19.
- Wilsons Jetpilot MX Kawasaki: Luke Wilson – Pro Open
- Zero Seven Motorsports Suzuki: No Idea
Where is this being held? Morris Park Speedway, Cnr Obley and Belowrie Rd, Dubbo. NSW.
Event Entry: Adults from $25.00 - Children from $12.50 - Family from $55.00.
|- LATE BRAKING NEWS
- REVIEWS -