-- New YZF-R15 arrives Down Under (Yamaha Release PR)
The 2013 YZF-R15 – also known as the Version 2.0 – is based on the current model but has undergone an extensive revamp.
The liquid cooled, fuel-injected four-stroke has been transformed by a restyle to move it closer to its ‘R’ series family.
With the ability to cruise at 120kmh plus and return an average fuel consumption of around 45kms per litre, the R15 blends performance, reliability and low running costs. It is designed to appeal to riders looking for a practical motorcycle for every day riding that sports R-series trademark sharp looks.
Tech heads are well catered for with a 150cc liquid cooled and fuel injected engine slotting into a Deltabox chassis boasting linked monocross suspension. R15 bristles with state-of-the-art technology also seen on the world’s best supersport bikes, such as a forged aluminium piston running in an all aluminium DiASil cylinder which offers the benefits of light weight, great heat dissipation, less oil consumption and high levels of wear resistance.
The 2013 YZF-R15 comes in three colours – Racing Red, Yamaha Blue and Midnight Black. The new model is priced at an attractive and affordable $4299 RRP inc GST. Meanwhile, the current model is available at the special promotional price of $3999 ride away.
The updates for 2013 include:
• Reconfigured ECU for better drive, economy and emissions
• NEW wider front and rear tyres – rear is now a radial tyre and full sized 17 in 130/70 – for better performance on street and track
• NEW LED tail lights reflect R series look
• NEW distinctive R-series look features low frontal area and R6 look tail now with a storage compartment and NEW twin seat
• NEW cast aluminum long rear arm improves handling in the turns. Swingarm has a truss structure that enables greater rigidity. This rear arm is a one piece gravity cast unit – a process that allows high quality with great freedom in sectional thickness.
• NEW link-type rear suspension operates more efficiently and delivers more responsive handling qualities. The lever proportion changes according to the change of the suspension stroke.
• NEW designed 5 spoke cast wheels, NEW silencer, NEW dual horns and the rear disc is now a larger 220mm
Standard engine features include:
• 149.8cc four-stroke engine delivers excellent response, fuel economy, and is enviro friendly
• DiASil all-aluminium cylinder with 20% silicon content used to create a very hard, reliable cylinder surface.
• Surface treatment helps maintain an ideal oil film on the cylinder wall and thus reduces oil consumption
• Crankshaft is offset 7mm from the cylinder centre to reduce friction producing more power
• 4-valve cylinder head for better flame propagation producing responsive performance
• Single camshaft operating two rockers and using roller bearing is used to reduce valve train inertia and friction, increasing performance and fuel economy
• Compact fuel injection system utilising a 6 hole injector and multi sensor module delivers optimum intake efficiency together with excellent throttle response
• Large three litre air cleaner designed to optimise the flow of intake air
• Short stroke 57mm x 58.7mm engine gives a free-revving character which enables it to deliver strong acceleration
• Free-flowing large-capacity muffler with enviro friendly air induction system
• 6-speed transmission which ensures strong acceleration and a competitive top speed Standard chassis features include:
• Full sized Deltabox frame design has a low 800mm seat height to suit a wide variety of riders
• Full size forks on the new R15 complement the Deltabox frame and alu swingarm to deliver stable yet responsive handling
• Steering angle of 26 degrees and trail of 100mm for stable handling under all conditions
-- 2013 YZF-R15 Specifications
|- LATE BRAKING NEWS
- REVIEWS -