Almost 45 years ago, on March 13th 1971, Daytona International Speedway hosted its inaugural professional motocross race on the facility infield beyond the road racing track.
Just one year later in 1972, the Supercross format we know today began to take shape when Daytona International Speedway constructed the course directly in-front of the main grandstand on the tri-oval offering an unparalleled viewing experience for fans.
Since then, countless races have transpired, and the sport has continued evolve. Race speeds have increased, and Alpinestars’ technical product innovation has continued to thrive at the forefront of protective ingenuity.
Despite all these changes, one aspect of the sport has managed to remain constant since its inception; the unwavering support of its fans.
To celebrate the rich history of motocross at Daytona, Alpinestars has created the D71 Special Edition Tech 10.
The world’s most technologically advanced and protective motocross boot, the Tech 10 offers unrivalled race-winning performance to dirt riders who demand nothing less than the best.
The Special Edition D71 Tech 10 fuses all the performance innovations of the iconic Tech 10 with an exclusive colour combination. Sporting a sleek black lower chassis, white upper shaft, and high-vis fluorescent yellow accents on the front and aft result in a visually captivating, high performance motocross boot with a sophisticated and modern motorsports feel.
Uncompromising in protection and performance, the Tech 10 is the pinnacle motocross boot that all others are measured against. Now offered in another distinctive and unique colorway, the D71 Special Edition Tech 10 adds protection, performance, and more style to the 2016 Tech 10 line-up. This boot is available from Alpinestars dealers.
Alpinestars D71 Special Edition Tech 10
• The one-piece co-injected foot chassis incorporates five different advanced polymer compounds in a single streamlined and lightweight piece to offer strength and flexibility throughout the structure, while maintaining its robust structural integrity with no joints or weak points.
• Innovative, lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with advanced lightweight microfiber and an impact and abrasion resistant TPU shell.
• Medial-facing panel is constructed from a one-piece, specifically formulated polymer for improved structural stability and integrity, and incorporates a rubber insert panel for maximum grip contact with bike and improved abrasion resistance.
• The Tech 10 boot is CE certified.
• Frontal protection features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap, plus Velcro® for a precise fit closure attached securely with a micro-adjustable, easy to operate, lightweight buckle. Shin incorporates a unique TPU blade system engineered to prevent frontal hyperextension and offer greater flex control.
• Contoured TPU calf protector plate offers impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestars innovative rear blade system, formed with hard shock resistant polymer to protect the heel and features a rear hyperextension guard.
• Innovative, ergonomic design for lateral and medial flex zones to provide superb front and rear flexion support which helps prevent damaging torsional forces around the ankle area.
• Multi-density foot shell incorporating heel and toe protection is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, and adds to the boot’s overall durability.
• Exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. The sole offers superior durability, grip and feel while riding.
• The central sole insert is easily replaceable and Alpinestars offers a full sole replacement and boot repair service.
• New buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminum bridge closures, with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance and security. All buckles are easily replaceable.
• Soft microfiber gaiter helps seal out excessive water and dirt entry.
• Poly-fabric lining with 3D open cell foam incorporates anti-slip suede on heel area to keep foot located inside the boot.
• Innovative biomechanical inner ankle brace features medial and lateral “C” torsion bars to control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement. Wide fit torsion bar replacements are included. These dual connection torsion bars offer the rider natural ankle movement with progressive damping of torsional forces during an accident.
• TPU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra thin and flexible forefoot area for increased sensitivity and control.
• New, dual compound, removable anatomic foot-bed includes EVA for comfort and support and aids even weight distribution.
The Alpinestars D71 Special Edition Tech 10 Boot was revealed at the Daytona Supercross event and goes on sale in Australia and around the world on Monday, both in-store and online.
MCNEWS.COM.AU is a specialist on-line resource that provides motorcycle news for motorcyclists. MCNews covers all areas of interest for the motorcycling public including news, reviews and comprehensive racing coverage.