Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally
In January 2015 Aprilia Australia announced the impending arrival of the all new Caponord 1200 Rally and the new adventure-touring machine is due to arrive in Aprilia showrooms next month (May) at a ride away price of $24,000.
The Caponord 1200 Rally features spoked wheels with a spoked 19-inch front to provide secure front end tracking in tricky conditions. The use of a 19-inch front wheel required a general revamping of the chassis with changes made to the offset and new suspension calibrations compared to the Aprilia Caponord 1200.
The sophisticated ADD semi-active suspension system, which adjusts the suspension in real time depending on the riding style, condition of the road and the load, further helps the machine to be ready for anything.
An excellent electronic control package comes standard with the Caponord 1200 Rally, providing the rider with an unprecedented level of safety, handling and riding comfort. The electronic control package is comprised of traction control (aT ) which is adjustable and can also be disabled, Ride By Wire (rBW) with selectable engine maps , cruise control (aCC) and ABS which can also be disabled. The 1200cc twin-cylinder engine is at the top of its class for performance even at low rpms. The sophisticated Ride By Wire system provides maximum torque output through the entire range.
On the front the Brembo braking system provides a pair of floating 320 mm steel discs and monoblock callipers with 4 pistons and radial connection. The rear mounts a single piston floating calliper that grips a 240 mm disc. An advanced two-channel ABS system which can be disengaged completes the standard equipment.
The Caponord 1200 Rally features as standard equipment what is optional on other models in the adventure-touring segment. Spacious aluminium panniers allow even a pillion to travel without making any sacrifices, other standard equipment includes handguards, oversized adjustable windshield, ample side guards, 24-litre fuel tank and the supplementary LED lights which complement the traditional Aprilia triple front headlight.
Technology abounds in the Caponord 1200 Rally with the availability of the optional innovative AMP multimedia platform which gives the rider the ability to make the Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally their own personal explorer.
The standard equipment on the Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally is impressive:
- Ride By Wire accelerator with selectable engine mapping including Sport, Touring and Rain
- Two-channel ABS which can also be disabled
- ATC (Aprilia Traction Control) adjustable to three levels and can also be disabled.
- ADD (Aprilia Dynamic Damping) a suspension system that recognises the riding style of the rider, the environment and the load and will adjust the suspension in real time
- ACC (Aprilia Cruise Control)
- Aluminium panniers
- Adjustable oversized windshield
- Hand guards
- Side guards
- Supplementary LED lights
- Spoked wheels with 120/70R19 (front) and 170/60R17 (rear) tyres
The Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally is powered by the latest evolution of the Aprilia V-twin already successfully installed in the Caponord 1200. The Italian V-twin cylinder boasts extremely advanced construction technology and a careful study of internal fluid dynamics aimed at improving combustion, decreasing friction and maximising performance.
The 1200cc Caponord Rally engine benefits from a series of improvements and refinements in terms of settings, timing and electronic control. The natural developments of this twin which have taken place over time allow more progressive and responsive power output to be obtained even at low engine speeds (to the advantage of comfort) as well as enhancing riding pleasure thanks to high torque values, at the same time improving fuel economy.
The general specifications of the Caponord 1200 Rally engine are:
- Twin cylinder 90° V;
- Performance: max power 125 HP at 8,000 rpm; max torque 11.7 kgm at 6,800 rpm;
- Triple map Ride-by-Wire technology (Sport, Touring, Rain);
- Highly oversquare bore/stroke ratio which is highlighted by the sport attitude and increases the amount of power generated from a low RPM;
- Double overhead camshafts driven by a mixed chain/gear valve timing system and four valves per cylinder;
- Twin spark ignition for fluid and full power output;
- Speed density type electronic fuel injection with two throttle bodies and double multi-hole injectors for each throttle body;
- Stick-coils integrated in spark plug boots
The Aprilia Caponord 1200 Rally is available in May from Aprilia retailers in matte colour schemes of Giallo Dune and Grigio Safari at $24k ride away.