2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship provisional calendar updated
An updated calendar for the 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship has been revealed as the beginning of another exciting season of racing appears on the horizon, with testing action set to get underway in just over a month.
The season opening Grand Prix in Qatar remains confirmed for the 26th to the 28th of March and it will now be followed by a second event, the Grand Prix of Doha, at the same Losail International Circuit the following weekend, from the 2nd to the 4th of April.
The Autodromo Internacional do Algarve in Portugal will then host the third round of the Championship from the 16th to the 18th of April before the paddock heads to the Circuito de Jerez-Angel Nieto as previously planned.
The ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and resulting lockdowns and complications sadly oblige the postponement of both the Argentina GP and the Americas GP until the last quarter of 2021.
Provisional 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship calendar
- March 28 – Qatar, Losail (night race)
- April 4 – Doha, Losail (night race)
- April 18 – Portugal, Portimao
- May 2 – Spain, Jerez
- May 16 – France, Le Mans
- May 30 – Italy- Mugello
- June 6 – Catalunya, Barcelona
- June 20 – Germany, Sachsenring
- June 27 – Netherlands, Assen
- July 11 – Finland, KymiRing (subject to homologation)
- August 15 – Austria, Red Bull Ring
- August 29 – Great Britain, Silverstone
- September 12 – Aragon, Motorland Aragon
- September 19 – Sam Marino, Misano
- October 3 – Japan, Motegi
- October 10 – Thailand, Chang International Circuit
- October 24 – Australia, Phillip Island
- October 31 – Malaysia, Sepang
- November 14 – Valencia, Circuit Ricardo Tormo
TBA – Argentina, Termas de Rio Hondo
TBA – Americas, COTA