2019 Fly FR-5 Boots
The all new 2019 Fly Racing FR-5 Boot is now available in Australia from $349.95 RRP, and is the next step in protection from the brand. The FR-5 Boots provide full coverage with a TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) heel piece which connects lateral and medial TPU pieces, as well as the contoured TPU calf plate for full protection.
The Fly FR-5 boots also employ a brand new four-stage high-grip sole design that is ready for racing. Stage one is a perforated plush insole resting above the injected mid sole with a unique fish bone design which is lightweight yet incredibly strong.
The durable mid-sole is further enhanced by the addition of a rigid in-mold flex reducing steel shank. Stage three is a fish bone foam layer designed to transfer shock and vibration which is then encased in the final stage, an anti-vibration molded traction sole.
You won’t miss a shift with 3D molded plastic shift panel with added grooves and texture that also saves boot from premature wear, with pre-shaped molded plastic 3D shin adds impact resistance and comfort. There’s also a soft interior foam surround for the ankle and collar, with full textile lining.
2019 Fly Racing FR-5 boot features
- CE Approved to EN13634:2015
- Innovative one-piece plastic injected ‘fish tail’ midsole
- Molded out sole provides a modern stylish look and helps to keep the weight down
- Outsole rubber compound provides good levels of grip while remaining durable
- Padded microfiber gaiter provides a comfortable rim around calf while sealing the opening from debris
- Bio-mechanical pivots on the inside and outside of the ankle for increased stability and support
- Rubber heat shield is long lasting, won’t melt, and provides good grip
- Adjustable aluminium quick-lock buckles provide a solid locked in feel and open design keeps dirt from clogging the function
- RRP $349.95
For more information see your local Fly Racing stockist, or see the McLeod Accessories website (link).