Team Honda Racing readying for Winton Swann Series Challenge
Less than a week since departing Phillip Island after the Australian MotoGP event, Team Honda Racing is today assembling today at Winton Raceway in preparation for Round 6 of the Australasian Superbike Championship.
Troy Herfoss and Jamie Stauffer are ready to take on the competitive Superbike field this weekend onboard the Honda Fireblade CBR1000RR SP with Herfoss determined to increase his championship lead.
Currently, Herfoss has a 16-point lead in both the AFX and the Swann Insurance Superbike Championships and is ready to defend and increase that lead, saying – “I feel good going into Round six at Winton Raceway.
“Having track time at the MotoGP event just last weekend was great although I didn’t come away with the Phillip Island Championship title. Coming second by just three-points was really frustrating, but more time on the bike is always a valuable thing and I can take what I learned from that event into this weekend’s races.
“The Honda is strong at Winton and although the field is very competitive I believe we can maintain our ASC Championship lead.”
Team mate Jamie Stauffer is currently sixth in both championships and is looking for maximum points this weekend to improve his standings. “Going into Winton I definitely want to improve my position in the championship and I am very focused on winning races.
“I do have a lot of ground to make up after missing the first event this year, but I’m just keeping my head down and giving it 100 per cent.
“Anything can happen in racing and I feel confident that I can be competitive and accumulate valuable points at Winton this weekend.”
Previous Round – Wakefield Park
- Round Five Wakefield Park Saturday Report
- Round Five Wakefield Park Sunday Report
- Round Five Wakefield Park Sunday Superbike Race One
- Round Five Wakefield Park Sunday Superbike Race Two
- Round Five Wakefield Park Sunday Superbike Race Three
Ipone Saturday Superbike Championship Standings
- Troy Herfoss 254 points
- Wayne Maxwell 238 points
- Glenn Allerton 233 points
- Cru Halliday 183 points
- Mike Jones 169 points
- Jamie Stauffer 164 points
- Matt Walters 163 points
- Sean Condon 145 points
- Ben Burke 133 points
- Evan Byles 117 points
- Linden Magee 101 points
- William Davidson 92 points
2015 Australasian Superbike Championship Calendar
- Rnd 6. 23rd – 25th October Winton International Raceway ……….. Vic
- Rnd 7. 4th – 6th December Sydney International Raceway ………… NSW (Series Finale)
Provisional 2016 Australasian Superbike Championship Calendar
- Rnd 1 … 11th – 12th March Sydney Motorsport Park (Fri-Sat day / night)
- Rnd 2 … 22nd – 24th April Wakefield Park Raceway NSW
- Rnd 3 … 27th – 29th May Mallala Raceway SA
- Rnd 4 … 8th – 10th July Queensland Raceway Qld
- Rnd 5 … 9th – 11th September Winton Raceway Vic
- Rnd 6 …16th – 17th Dec Sydney Motorsport Park (Fri–Sat day / night)