Indian announce new ‘Roadmaster’ luxury tourer
Indian Motorcycle have announced an all-new Indian Roadmaster making the bold claim “of a new benchmark as the ultimate in luxury motorcycle touring.”
Indian Roadmaster will make its public debut on August 2nd at the 74th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, where Indian also expects to release the details of more new models from the relaunched brand.
Originally produced from 1947-1953, the Indian Roadmaster was widely recognized as one of America’s most reliable and comfortable touring bikes, and Indian have aimed the all-new Roadmaster at reclaiming that honour with premium features for comfort, convenience and luxury, including expansive storage capacity.
“It has truly been a privilege and an honor for our team to be a part of motorcycling history in designing and reintroducing the Roadmaster, which has such a legendary reputation as the king of luxury touring bikes,” said Steve Menneto, VP of Motorcycles for Polaris Industries.
“The quality, craftsmanship, performance and standard feature set on this bike is simply unmatched in the luxury touring segment, and we look forward to sharing the all-new Roadmaster and other exciting announcements with the global motorcycling community beginning August 2nd in Sturgis.”
The new Roadmaster was built from ground up for all-day, two-passenger touring comfort, with expansive, easyaccess storage for extended rides in virtually any weather condition. If offers:
• Nearly 143 litres of weatherproof storage
• Standard dual hard-sided saddlebags and a roomy quick-release, carpet-lined top box – both featuring remote locking for security and convenience
• Enhanced driver leg room and adjustable passenger floorboards
• The Horizon Windscreen featuring power-adjust
• Desert Tan Genuine Leather heated seats with individual controls and high/low settings
• Heated grips featuring 10 temperature settings
• Adjustable airflow lower fairings
Standard premium features include:
• High-resolution Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
• Chrome front and rear highway bars
• Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Keyless ignition with remote saddlebag and top box locks
• Triple power ports
• Pathfinder LED Lighting
• Electronic cruise control
• Advanced infotainment system offering communication, navigation, telephone and Pandora® integration
• Bluetooth capability for hands-free multi-device connectivity
Indian Motorcycle’s new flagship luxury touring bike is powered by the now proven Thunder Stroke 111™ engine, a 49-degree, air-cooled V-twin power plant mated to a 6-speed overdrive transmission. The Roadmaster is dripping in standard chrome, including the forks, trim, top box rack, front and rear highway bars, fender tips, and many other chrome components.
The all-new Indian Roadmaster is available from $38,995 Ride Away with expected arrival in Australia in late October early November. It is available in Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, and a two-tone Indian Motorcycle Red/ Ivory Cream paint scheme.
Visit www.indianmotorcycle.com.au to locate an Indian Motorcycle dealer near you, and to see the full line of apparel, parts and accessories