Troy Bayliss Interview
Troy Bayliss talks about Team DesmoSport Ducati and Mike Jones’ wildcard
[youtube id=”y-nLN1EemGM” width=”560" height=”315"]
Mike Jones suffered some technical issues with his Ducati during the recent two-day test.
Jones’ 1m33.051 on the Ducati Tuesday was marginally quicker than he managed last year on his ASBK specification Kawasaki ZX-10R.
Jones put in a 1m33.05 on Monday backed up by a best of 1m33.42 Tuesday morning and then 1m33.24 that afternoon.
One of his machines has been plagued by electronic problems thus a lot of the time Jones has been running without traction control, wheelie control or engine braking control. Thus despite the lack of an improved time, due to the extreme heat and technical issues on Tuesday, it is likely the 21-year-old and the Troy Bayliss backed DesmoSport Ducati squad still made significant progress in the set-up of their machine.
Bayliss was also able to call on his contacts and arrange for some parts to be flown in from Italy before the weekend to try and remedy some of the issues the team encountered during testing this week.
World Superbike 2016 Round One at Phillip Island this weekend
The WorldSBK riders will now take two days off before round one kicks off on Friday. The 22-lap WorldSBK races will be held at 3:00pm on Saturday and Sunday, and the world supersport race starts at 1:30pm on Sunday.
There will also be back-to-back support racing in Aussie superbikes, supersport and Moto3/125GP, as well as historics.
For information on this weekend’s (Feb 26-28) opening round of the 2016 Motul FIM Superbike World Championship, Yamaha Finance round, at Phillip Island GP circuit go to www.worldsbk.com.au Tickets on sale via www.ticketek.com.au till Wednesday Feb 24 at 4pm; then at gate.
World Superbike 2016 – Phillip Island Test – Day Two Times
- Jonathan Rea – Kawasaki – 1m31.249
- Davide Giugliano – Ducati – 1m31.400
- Michael Van Der Mark – Honda – 1m31.458
- Sylvain Guintoli – Yamaha – 1m31.473
- Nicky Hayden – Honda – 1m31.585
- Tom Sykes – Kawasaki – 1m31.885
- Chaz Davies – Ducati – 1m31.938
- Alex Lowes – Yamaha – 1m31.958
- Xavi Fores – Ducati – 1m32.109
- Jordi Torres – BMW – 1m32.202
- Marcus Reiterberger – BMW – 1m32.272
- Roman Ramos – Kawasaki – 1m32.478
- Lorenzo Savadori – Aprilia – 1m32.587
- Leon Camier – MV Agusta – 1m32.702
- Josh Brookes – BMW – 1m32.903
- Sylvain Barrier – Kawasaki – 1m33.314
- Mike Jones – Ducati – 1m33.420
- Fabio Menghi – Ducati – 1m33.622
- Josh Hook – Kawasaki – 1m33.850
- Alex De Angelis – Aprilia – 1m33.882
- Karel Abraham – BMW – 1m34.062
- Al Sulaiti – Kawasaki – 1m34.942
- Dominic Schmitter – Kawasaki – 1m35.038
- Peter Sebestyen – Yamaha – 1m35.541
- Imre Toth – Yamaha – 1m36.150