Qatar Test schedule updated
Following a recent meeting between the Championship organisation and the MotoGP Class Teams, changes to the Qatar Test schedule have been agreed.
Two extra Official Test days and a Shakedown Test day will now also be held at Losail International Circuit in March, ahead of and in addition to the previously confirmed Qatar Test, allowing the teams extra preparation ahead of the 2021 season.
On the 5th of March, a Shakedown Test will take place in which participation will be limited solely to test riders and MotoGP class rookies.
On the 6th and 7th of March, all riders may participate in two extra Official Test days.
The new MotoGP class test schedule is therefore as follows:
- 3rd-4th March: Setup
- 5th March: Shakedown Test – rookies and test riders only
- 6th-7th March: Official Test
- 10th-12th March: Official Test
Provisional 2021 FIM MotoGP World Championship calendar
- March 28 – Qatar, Losail (night race)
- April 11 – Argentina, Termas de Rio Hondo
- April 18 – Americas, COTA
- May 2 – Spain, Jerez
- May 16 – France, Le Mans
- May 30 – Italy- Mugello
- June 6 – Catalunya, Barcelona
- June 20 – Germany, Sachsenring
- June 27 – Netherlands, Assen
- July 11 – Finland, KymiRing (subject to homologation)
- August 15 – Austria, Red Bull Ring
- August 29 – Great Britain, Silverstone
- September 12 – Aragon, Motorland Aragon
- September 19 – Sam Marino, Misano
- October 3 – Japan, Motegi
- October 10 – Thailand, Chang International Circuit
- October 24 – Australia, Phillip Island
- October 31 – Malaysia, Sepang
- November 14 – Valencia, Circuit Ricardo Tormo