Yamaha Bolt heads down the café – Coffee shop cool for C-Spec Bolt
The release of the original Bolt and Bolt R-Spec attracted a new breed of riders keen to ride an authentically styled modern day performance bobber.
That style has now taken a hipster turn with the new Bolt C-Spec.
Epitomising the cool cafe style that has been popular across the globe since the 1960s, the Bolt C-Spec features retro styling with original Star V-twin performance. Riders will be transported to the roots of motorcycling as they re-discover the joy of riding a unique looking custom bike with the pulse and feeling that only an air-cooled V-twin can provide.
Unique C-Spec Bolt features include clip-on handlebars, traditional fork gaiters, a removable passenger seat cowl and sport cafÃ© paint and graphics to tie it all together. In addition the footpegs have been moved rearwards to offer a more aggressive riding position. Piggyback ‘R-Spec’ shocks are fitted as standard.
Powered by a fuel-injected, 950cc, air-cooled, V-twin engine, mounted in a double-cradle frame, the Bolt C-Spec uses modern technology to create a riding experience superior to other similarly sized machines. Fuel injection and ignition timing maps have been set to deliver class-leading performance with strong low- and mid-range torque that is sure to bring a smile to every rider’s face.
Stylish with a low seat height, the C-Spec Bolt delivers both a refined and agile ride while retaining the timeless character and soul that is a critical part of owning such an individual machine. Yamaha’s unique flat line style and use of exposed metal components accentuates the bike’s pure simplicity while the V-twin motor provides both spirited performance and unquestioned reliability Stripped back and stylish, this new Bolt variant provides a perfect platform for personalisation.
The Bolt C-Spec is available in two colour options – Liquid Silver and Envy Green and like all Star models comes with a factory backed five year warranty. The new model retails for $12,699 RRP inc GST.
2015 Yamaha Bolt Cafe C-Spec specifications
- Engine type – 4-stroke, air-cooled, 4-valves, SOHC, V-type 2-cylinder
- Displacement – 942cc
- Bore x stroke – 85.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression ratio 9.0 : 1
- Lubrication system Wet sump
- Clutch Type Wet, Multiple Disc
- Carburettor Fuel Injection
- Ignition system TCI
- Starter system – Electric
- Transmission system – Constant Mesh, 5-speed
- Final transmission – Belt
- Frame – Double cradle
- Front suspension system – Telescopic forks, 41mm – 135mm travel
- Caster Angle 29º
- Trail 130 mm
- Rear suspension system – Swingarm – 110mm travel
- Front brake – Hydraulic single disc, 298 mm
- Rear brake – Hydraulic single disc, 298 mm
- Front tyre – 100/90-19M/C 57H (Tubeless)
- Rear tyre – 150/80B16M/C 71H (Tubeless)
- Overall length – 2295 mm
- Overall width – 775 mm
- Overall height – 1160 mm
- Seat height – 765 mm
- Wheel base – 1570 mm
- Minimum ground clearance – 135 mm
- Wet weight (including full oil and fuel tank) – 251 kg
- Fuel tank capacity – 12 litres
- Oil tank capacity – 4.3 litres
- Warranty – Five years, unlimited kms, parts and labour
- Colours Liquid Silver, Envy Green
- RRP (inc GST) – $12,699