1923 cc (117 cubic inch) CVO Tourers and Specials top 2018 Harley line-up
Largest ever productuion engines fitted by Harley-Davidson
The new Harley-Davidson Touring line-up presents more power, comfort and handling ability with new CVO Street Glide, CVO Road Glide and CVO Limited leading the charge plus blacked-out style for the Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special.
Three new completely restyled Touring models enter the limited-edition Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) family with the largest-ever stock engine from Harley-Davidson, while new Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special models feature blacked-out styling.
- Three new limited-edition Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) Touring motorcycles
- Powered by Milwaukee-Eight 117 engines, the largest ever stock displacement used by Harley-Davidson
- All CVOs feature top-of-the-line Infotainment Systems, with advanced integrated communication technology and wireless headset interface module
- Back in black detailing for the Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special, underlining maximum stealth appeal and subtle style.
- Limited Edition CVO Limited – Only 1200 to be made
2018 Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)
The CVO tradition of providing customers the ultimate in Harley-Davidson styling, innovation and performance continues in 2018 with the CVO Limited, CVO Street Glide and CVO Road Glide. Each offers its owners a fully customised, limited-edition motorcycle straight from the factory with a two-year unlimited warranty.
Starting with the largest stock engine ever offered by the Motor Company – and available only in a CVO machine – all three bikes have upgraded Screamin’ Eagle power, with the 1923cc Milwaukee-Eight engine delivering up to 166Nm of torque.
CVO models are limited in number and this year’s bikes feature some of the most distinctively crafted paint offerings the company has ever designed and produced. New for all three is an advanced integrated communication technology that features a wireless headset interface module. Customers can use the included Bluetooth headset to communicate with the motorcycle Infotainment system, their passenger and other riders.
Dave Foley, vice president of Product Planning and Portfolio Management, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
“Our new Touring motorcycles will be some of our most sought-after bikes in 2018. For CVO, we’ve rebooted the styling tone of the overall lineup and added some exclusive performance enhancements. The level of fit, finish and performance has never been higher and owners will appreciate the intricate details like the new color trim on the rocker box lowers that marks the CVO engine’s exclusivity.”
Brad Richards, vice president of Styling and Design, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
“Dave’s right. The new direction our Styling department took with the design formula on the bikes is truly seismic. Take a look at the level of finish on any of the nine CVO paint sets, but especially the Fade on the CVO Limited, the depth of the paint layers and how it glows in the sunlight is just stunning.”
2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Street Glide
Custom touring loaded with the most powerful engine and sound system ever offered from Harley-Davidson, straight from the factory.
- Powered by the new Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine and given the ultimate custom treatment, with three new premium paint schemes and matching Talon wheels and rotors
- Top-of-the-line 6.5 BOOM! Box Infotainment System with Stage II speakers provides superior audio performance.
- To achieve the rich 900 watts of BOOM! audio sound there are three 4-channel amplifiers powering six bi-amped speakers in the fairing, fairing lower and saddlebag lids
- Priced from $49,750 AUD and $52,495 NZD rideaway.
2018 Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide
Bagger that epitomises CVO’s new look and performance
- Powered by the new Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine, with aggressive shark-nose fairing, three premium paint options, custom wheels and a sleek new front mudguard
- Features the first factory-installed new 21-inch Knockout front wheel for Touring models from Harley-Davidson.
- Engineered to deliver optimal performance, handling, and ride quality without compromising fitment of accessories
- High output audio from the BOOM! Box 6.5GT Infotainment System features Stage II speakers in saddlebag lids and fairing for 600 watts of pure audio bliss
- Priced from $49,995 AUD and $52,750 NZD rideaway.
2018 Harley-Davidson 2018 CVO Limited
A premium touring machine complete with the best-in-class power, Infotainment, show-winning paint and premium rider and passenger comfort.
- Powered by the all-new Twin-Cooled Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine
- Dual bending valve front suspension and emulsion rear suspension (featuring hand-adjustable preload)
- The two-up seat is suspended and heated with a custom seat cover, insert and stitching unique to CVO and not available anywhere else. It also comes with matching adjustable rider and passenger backrests
- CVO Limited is topped off with a power-locking key fob, and features the standard Harley-Davidson Touring range Reflex linked Brembo brakes with ABS and Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
- Burgundy Cherry Sunglo Fade and Black Earth Fade Colour Options
- Priced from $52,995 AUD and $55,995 NZD rideaway.
2018 Harley-Davidson 2018 CVO Limited 115th Anniversary Limited Edition
115th Anniversary CVO Limited in limited-edition anniversary edition with extra detailing and individually numbered
You get all the features of the base model plus these exclusive 115th Anniversary details
- It’s decked out for the momentous occasion in premium Odyssey Blue paint with a hand-painted metal leaf effect and pinstripes. Also features a colour-matched inner fairing.
- A bold Scorched Chrome multi-metal composite Eagle medallion with a Bar & Shield cloisonné.
- It’s all in the details. And here you get colour-matched blue stitching in a Diamond-Stitch quilted panel on the seat.
- Touches of Scorched Chrome have been added all over for a totally custom look, from the console insert to the lower rockers to the timer cover.
- The 115th Anniversary CVO Limited is limited in production, and each one has a serialised Scorched Chrome console insert.
- The premium hinges and latches are accented with Odyssey Blue to complement the unique paint finish.
- It’s a one-of-a-kind revolution in chrome from the contrast chrome wheels to the headers and mufflers.
- Available at selected H-D dealerships. Please contact your local H-D dealer to check.
2018 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special & Road Glide Specials
Harley-Davidson takes the wildly popular Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special in a new design direction for 2018, swapping chrome for black. Powered by the muscular Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine, the two new hot rod baggers take the base level models and elevate them with an current custom styling statement that is sinister in design and dark in its finishes.
- Dark finishes stretch from headlight to exhaust with new 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Talon wheels
- Dripping in black; the engine guard, front forks, handlebars and controls, mirrors, indicators, tank console, engine covers, air cleaner cover, mufflers and exhaust shields
- Custom touches that create an aggressive, modern look include the stretched saddlebags that accentuate the bike’s long, low profile and painted inner fairings.
- Hand-adjustable emulsion-technology rear shock absorbers offer 15% more preload adjustment than previous low-profile touring shocks
- Front suspension features dual-bending valve suspension technology that delivers the damping performance of a racing-style cartridge fork with linear damping characteristics and reduced weight.
- The all-black Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine offers quicker throttle response, more passing power, purer sound, a smoother ride and more of the feeling riders want from a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle engine
- The Milwaukee-Eight engine offers improved rider and passenger thermal comfort due to reduced heat absorption, increased heat rejection and a redesigned exhaust system
- For improved fit, a new, slimmer primary drive cover and the low-profile shape of the air cleaner cover provide improved rider legroom around the engine and an easier reach to the ground for many riders
- All Milwaukee-Eight powered models are fitted with an assist and slip clutch with improved hydraulic actuation and 7% less clutch lever effort.
- Standard BOOM! Box 6.5GT Touchscreen Infotainment System features upgraded Stage I BOOM! speakers for deep bass and balanced sound.
- Road Glide Special: Vivid Black, Wicked Red, Bonneville Salt Pearl and Hot Rod Red Flake Hard Candy Custom
- Street Glide Special: Vivid Black, Twisted Cherry, Bonneville Salt Denim and Hot Rod Red Flake Hard Candy Custom™
- Street Glide Special is priced from $37,495 AUD and $41,250 NZD rideaway. Road Glide Special is priced from $37,495 AUD and $41,495 NZD rideaway.
Paul James, manager of Product Portfolio, Harley-Davidson
“Our two new custom baggers are the most aggressive, on-trend Touring bikes in the market and our owners love to roll up to their favorite hangouts and show off, but we also know it’s important for them to be able to hit the open road in comfort and style. These new hot rod baggers are the epitome of capable touring bikes that look cool, and ride better than ever.”