The Australian Superbike Championship welcomes three rounds with the V8 Supercars.
The final Australian Superbike Championship calendar differs from its original release to accommodate three V8 Supercar rounds, as it plans to create the highest profiled championship in Australia since the 90s.
The championship includes three states and the Northern Territory, aiming to reach over 200,000 spectators and live TV audiences.
This is one of many steps forward in the rebuilding of the profile of Australian Superbikes.
1. April 5th and 6th Queensland Raceway (All classes)
2. May 16th -18th Western Australia (with the V8 Supercars Superbike / Supersport)
3. June 21 and 22 – Darwin (with the V8 Supercars)
4. July 19 and 20th at Philip Island (All classes)
5. August 1st – 3rd – QR V8 (Superbike / Supersport with the V8 Supercars)
***Production classes and Superlites only – Broadford – August 9th and 10th
6. October 4th and 5th – QR (All classes)
ASBK are finalising the supplementary regulations and look forward to their release in the coming weeks.
ASBK NEWS to date:
– MA will pay all prizemoney in 2014 direct to riders within 14 days.
– Pirelli named controlled tyre for 2014 and provide WSBK spec tyres at race prices + contingencies.
– MA to assign a Chief Technical Officer for 2014 for the purpose of greater parity.
– MA continue to strengthen the championship creating one set of rules for 1000cc Sports bikes to compete under in the new Superbike class.