2014 Suzuki Hayabusa Swoops In Down Under
The latest version of Suzuki’s iconic sportsbike – the legendary Hayabusa – has swooped in on the Australian market.
Shocking the motorcycling world upon its inception in 1999 and named after the Japanese bird of prey capable of speeds in excess of 300 km/h, the latest Suzuki Hayabusa is sure to turn heads with an all-new special edition Candy Red/Black livery option featuring special graphics and detailing.
2013 saw the Hayabusa become the first Suzuki sportsbike to feature an Antilock Brake System (ABS), complementing the Hayabusa’s excellent handling and adding another chapter in the ongoing evolution of this legendary sportsbike.
The Hayabusa is also equipped with radial mount Brembo monobloc front brake calipers, promising tactile feedback to the rider and increased initial bite to tame the Hayabusa’s incredible power.
This iconic hyper-sports bike features the advanced Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) giving the rider a choice of three available engine maps to suit rider preferences and riding conditions.
Designed for maximum performance, the new 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa represents the pinnacle of sportsbike engineering, performance and styling.
The 2014 Suzuki Hayabusa is now available in two all new aggressive and sporty styled colour schemes – Candy Daring Red/Glass Sparkle Black; limited to just 25 units and Pearl Vigor Blue/Pearl Glacier White. Both retain the same retail price as last year’s model at $19,290*.
For further information, interested customers should visit participating Suzuki dealers, who can be found via the Dealer Locator on www.suzuki.com.au.
The special edition Hayabusa features:
- Special colour scheme in red/black, with special graphics.
- Front calipers have black colouring and red “Brembo” lettering.
- Red pin-striping on wheels.
- Two-tone red and black-coloured seat with special design.
- Matte black-coloured pillion footrest.
- Dark gold-anodized chain adjuster, front fork outer tube, front fork adjuster, front fork cap, steering stem nut.
2014 Suzuki Hayabusa Specifications
- Engine – 1340cc, In-line 4-cylinder, 4-stroke, DOHC, Liquid-cooled
- Fuel System – Fuel Injection, 44mm SDTV
- Transmission – 6-Speed with Slipper Clutch
- Front Suspension – 43mm KYB inverted diamond-like coated (DLC) forks with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload
- Rear Suspension – Link type, KYB with adjustable compression, rebound and spring preload
- Front Tyre – 120/70ZR17, Bridgestone BT015F
- Rear Tyre – 190/50ZR17, Bridgestone BT015R
- Front Brake – Brembo Monobloc Radial-mount 4-piston calipers, dual 310mm floating discs with ABS
- Rear Brake – Tokico single-piston caliper, 260mm disc with ABS
- Seat height – 805mm
- Wheelbase – 1,480mm
- Length – 2,190mm
- Width – 735mm
- Height – 1,165mm
- Fuel Capacity – 21.0L
- Wet Weight – 266kg (Including all fluids)
- Colours – Red/Black & Blue/White
- Warranty – Two-year unlimited Km’s
- Recommended Price – $19,290*
* Recommended Price excludes dealer delivery and government charges.