2019 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard
Harley-Davidson has released a new MY 19.5 touring model dubbed the Electra Glide Standard.
Somewhat reminiscent of the Street Glide, with its batwing fairing and standard hard panniers, the Electra Glide Standard does boast a lot more chrome than the current Street Glide Special in Harley Australia’s catalogue.
At $34,495 Ride Away though the Electra Glide Standard comes in more than $4000 cheaper than the current Street Glide Special. Some of that price disparity comes via the fact that for $38,750 the 2019 Street Glide Special ships with the Milwaukee-Eight 114 (1870cc), while the new Electra Glide Standard runs the 1745cc Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine.
The cockpit on the Electra Glide Standard has a cubby hole below the instrumentation where the Street Glide’s Infotainment and bluetooth systems would normally reside.
The pricing is line-ball with Harley’s iconic Road King, which is also powered by the 107 engine, but the Electra Glide Standard is only set-up for single rider touring and offers slightly less lean angle than the Road King.
H-D’s Vice President of Styling and Design, Brad Richards
“To express the stripped-back essence of the Electra Glide Standard, we focused on finishes that were simple, timeless, and fundamental to the Harley-Davidson’s touring line. Chrome was added to key components and complimented by polished and blacked out parts, for example. The rocker, cam, and derby covers are finished with chrome to emphasize the V-Twin shape of the Milwaukee-Eight 107 engine. In addition, they add a dose of nostalgia that draws a through-line all the way back to the first Electra Glide.”
Electra Glide Standard features all the latest ride and handling technology of Harley-Davidson’s Touring line such as standard electronic cruise control, hand-adjustable rear shock absorbers, 49 mm dual-bending valve front forks and Reflex Linked Brembo Brakes with standard ABS.
|2019 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Standard|
- Engine – 1745cc Milwaukee-Eight 107
- Torque – 150 Nm at 3,250 rpm
- Bore x Stroke – 100 x 111 mm
- Compression Ratio – 10.0:1
- Induction – Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Exhaust – Chrome, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Rake / Trail – 26-degrees / 170 mm
- Lean Angle – 31-degrees (L), 29-degrees (R)
- Wheelbase 1625 mm
- Tyres – 130/80-17 (F), 180/65-16 (R)
- Brakes – 320mm dual discs with fixed four-piston calipers (F), single at rear
- Seat Height – 680 mm
- Ground Clearance – 120 mm
- Wet Weight – 372 kg
- Ride Away Pricing – $34,495 (optional paint colours command a premium)
- Available – May/June 2019