|— 2012 CRF250R first image and details; new head/valves/crank/EFI|
– All-new cylinder head with revised port shapes, new camshaft and new exhaust valves shape for enhanced drivability at low and medium rpm.
– New narrower throttle body enhancing bottom to mid range power and torque feel with improved throttle control.
– New induction-hardened crankshaft for increased engine life and greater reliability.
– Third generation Unicam engine with lightweight battery-less fuel injection for reliable, controllable power.
– New Pro-Link rear suspension linkage for enhanced traction and improved chassis control.
– New suspension settings front and rear ensure stable running on rough terrain, boosting rider confidence.
– New longer and wider footpegs for enhanced control, with new bolt for lighter weight. Revised kickstart arm ensures easy starting.
– New high-capacity muffler ensures compliance with global noise and emissions regulations without compromising performance.
– Tough and lightweight Honda Progressive Steering Damper for improved steering precision and enhanced stability on the toughest terrain.
– Mass-centralised chassis gives fine control at any speed, particularly during mid-air manoeuvres.
– Striking Honda Racing-inspired graphics.
– New front axle collars add rigidity to the front end, increasing steering precision.
Specifications – CRF250R (ED-type)
Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 4-valve SOHC
Bore x Stroke 76.8 x 53.8mm
Compression Ratio 13.2
Max. Power Output TBC
Max. Torque TBC
Carburation PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.7 litres
Ignition System Full transistor
Clutch Wet, multiplate
Transmission 5-speed, constant mesh
Primary Reduction 3.166 (57/18)
Gear Ratios 1 2.357 (33/14)
2 1.888 (34/18)
3 1.555 (28/18)
4 1.333 (24/18)
5 1.136 (25/22)
Final Reduction 3.769 (49/13)
Final Drive #520 roller chain
Type Aluminium twin tube
Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,183 x 823 x 1,273mm
Caster Angle 27° 12′
Seat Height 955mm
Ground Clearance 325mm
Kerb Weight 103.9kg (F: 51.1kg; R: 52.8kg)
Type Front: 48mm inverted KYB leading-axle twin-chamber cartridge-type telescopic fork with 16-step adjustable compression and rebound damping; 310mm axle travel
Rear: Pro-Link with KYB damper, adjustable low-speed (13-step) and high-speed (3.5-turn) compression and 17-step rebound damping; 313mm axle travel
Type Front: Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Rear: Aluminium rim/wire spoke
Rim size Front: 21 x 1.60
Rear: 19 x 1.85
Tyre size Front: 80/100-21 51M
Rear: 110/90-19 57M
Type Front: 240mm x 3mm hydraulic disc with dual-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
Rear: 240mm x 4mm hydraulic disc with single-piston caliper and sintered metal pads
All specifications are provisional and subject to change without notice.