Pope Building Services 2016 Victorian Dirt Track Championships
Broadford State Motorcycle Complex December 10-11, 2016
Report by Peter Baker
Senior Victorian riders and juniors from New South Wales took the honours at the Pope Building Services 2016 Victorian Dirt Track Championships staged at the Broadford State Motorcycle Complex track over the weekend of December 10 / 11.
Seven of the eight senior classes were won by Victorians with the only success for a New South Wales rider coming in the final event when Daniel Wicks came from behind to beat Nicholas Waters with Rowan Tegart third in the Pro Open decider.
Earlier the same three riders were on top in the final of the Pro 450 class with Waters beating Wicks home.
It was a great weekend for riders from the host club, the Harley Club of Victoria, producing all other senior class winners.
Bradley Burns won the Pro 250 class, Hannah Burns was unbeaten in topping the Womens class and Tyler Ferrari came out on top in the Under 19s class.
A rare appearance of the 500cc sliders was well received with a dominant performance by Jesse Davies taking him to the overall victory ahead of Jake Schneiders, James Davies and Jody Mason.
It was Mason though who went home with the most hardware after he won both the Veterans (Over 40s) class and the class for Pre 1990 machines.
Two junior riders each ended the weekend with two class wins and a second placing as all the youngsters again showed what great talent is progressing through the junior ranks.
New South Wales rider Harrison Ryan and Remmie Fyffe from the Albury-Wodonga Club were the most successful duo.
Ned Faulkhead from the North West Club at Mildura scored one class win and was second to Ryan in both of his wins.
Tyler Battams and Varis Fleming were other Victorians to score a class win.
Four riders from north of the border took home first place trophies – Senna Agius, Callan Butcher, Cameron Dunker and Ryan Smith.
Host club rider Bryce Holmes signed off from junior racing with a third placing and is now looking forward to senior competition in the New Year.
Two juniors from South Australia each took home a minor placing.
Overall plenty of close, exciting action was turned over the two days of racing, unfortunately marred by some accidents, the worst of which left talented Harley Club junior rider Max Berry with a serious leg injury.
2016 Victorian Dirt Track Championships Results
- 500cc Sliders Jesse Davies Jake Schneiders (NSW) James Davies
- PRO 450 Nicholas Waters Daniel Wicks (NSW) Rowan Tegart
- PRO OPEN Daniel Wicks (NSW) Nicholas Waters Rowan Tegart
- PRO 250 Bradley Burns Harry Scott (NSW) Jye Etheridge (NSW)
- UNDER 19s Tyler Ferrari Jackson Coulson Harry Scott (NSW)
- VETERANS Jody Mason Ricky Fleming Luke Bond
- PRE ‘90s Jody Mason Adam Bond Ryan New (NSW)
- WOMEN Hannah Burns Bree-Anna Etheridge (NSW) Lori Gow
- 50cc Auto Div. 2 Tyler Battams Hugh Dilley (NSW) Billy Cameron
- 65cc 7 – U/9s Varis Fleming Marianos Nikolis (ACT) Broc White (NSW)
- 65cc 9 – U/13s Remmie Fyffe Senna Agius (NSW) Ryan Smith (NSW)
- 85cc Mod. 7—U/10s Cameron Dunker (NSW) Broc White (NSW) Varis Fleming
- 85cc 2str/ 150cc 4str SW 9 – U/11s Senna Agius (NSW) Archie McDonald Kyle Machin (SA)
- 85cc 2str/ 150cc 4str SW 11 – U/113 Ryan Smith (NSW) Remmie Fyffe Zane Kinna
- 85cc 2str/ 150cc 4str BW 11-U/13s – Remmie Fyffe Ryan Smith (NSW) Liam May (SA)
- 85cc 2str/ 150cc 4str 13 – U/16 Callan Butcher (NSW) Kruze Brady (NSW) Bryce Holmes
- 100 – 150cc 2str 13 – U/16s Ned Faulkhead Harrison Ryan (NSW) Kye Andrews (NSW)
- 2str & 4 str. 13- U / 16s Harrison Ryan (NSW) Ned Faulkhead Aaron Stevens
- 200-250cc 4-str 13-U/16s Harrison Ryan (NSW) Ned Faulkhead Kruze Brady (NSW)
- Supports 85cc Mod.10—U/14s Senna Agius (NSW) Jacob Roulstone (NSW)