2018 Triump Tiger 800
Over 200 new chassis and engine components
New TFT display, adjustable screen, Off Road Pro mode
The XC models have a more off-road bent while the XR variants are pitched as the more all rounder.
All XC models run a 21″ front rim for improved off-road handling, adjustable WP suspension and switchable ABS along with an Off-Road Pro Riding mode.
XR models run a 19″ front and Showa suspension, adjustable on XRT, while both XR and XC models are now stopped by Brembo calipers.
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 Pricing
- Tiger 800 XRX & XRX LOW – $18,550.00 MLP
- Tiger 800 XCX – $19,650.00 MLP
- Tiger 800 XRT – $20,700.00 MLP
- Tiger 800 XCA – $21,300.00 MLP
The Tiger 900 was the first Hinckley Triumph and launced in 1993. It was replaced by the much more modern Tiger 800 in 2010. The platform has been a great success for Triumph with over 60,000 Tigers on the road.
2018 Triumph Tiger 800 XC & XR Updates
- More than 200 upgrades to the chassis and engine
- More responsive, optimised Triple engine
- New shorter Ratio 1st Gear enables enhanced off-road traction, low-speed manoeuvrability and acceleration
- New lighter, free-flowing silencer with improved exhaust note
- New “Off Road Pro” riding mode, with a choice of up to six riding modes
- New five position adjustable screen
- New adjustable full colour TFT instruments
- New signature LED lighting
- New backlit switchgear and five-way joystick control
- New updated cruise control
- New premium bodywork
- New high quality badges, graphics and detailing
- New colours
Major updates for 2018
The new Tiger 800 XC and XR family boasts over 200 chassis and engine upgrades for 2018, complemented by a suite of major off-road improvements that work hand-in-hand with on-road enhancements.
Triumph has specifically targeted improvements to technology, comfort, and style alongside the introduction of a new generation engine.
Every 2018 Tiger 800 represents a huge step-up in rider technology with improvements including full-colour TFT instruments, up to six riding modes, high-specification Brembo front brakes, optimised suspension configurations, handlebar-mounted switchcubes with backlit buttons, distinctive signature all-LED lighting, updated cruise control, an enhanced chassis and premium bodywork.
Next generation 800cc triple
A mass-optimised 800cc triple engine now gives more immediate power delivery and a peak power output of 95hp. It has even more character and a lighter exhaust system with a sportier soundtrack that transform the new generation engine.
There is a new, shorter ratio first gear to enhance off-road traction, all-road low speed responsiveness, and more immediate acceleration. In addition, the new Off-Road Pro riding mode on the XC models allows an advanced rider to take complete control off road.
Updated chassis and ergonomics
Triumph has enhanced the rider ergonomics across the whole Tiger 800 range. This includes moving the handlebars back by 10mm for a more commanding riding position, higher specification Brembo front brakes, Showa adjustable suspension, new handbook-approved off-road tyre specification fitment, new five-position adjustable windscreen and aero diffusers for segment-leading aero protection, and a new seat compound giving all-day riding comfort.
Tiger signature styling is now even stronger across the latest 800 range. New bodywork includes high quality painted finishes with updated side panels, along with higher quality badges, graphics and detailing. This also gives each Tiger a more contemporary and dynamic stance that highlights the on and off-road bias of each model, while retaining the Tiger 800 silhouette.
Tiger 800 core features
All the Tigers’ essential adventure standards are maintained with ABS, traction control, ride-by-wire throttle, cruise control, heated seats and grips (on selected models), power sockets, and a two-position seat height (810-830mm on XR models, 840-860mm on XC models) adjustable by 20mm to suit riding style and terrain, and a low ride height XRx model variant that at 760mm is 50mm lower than the standard XR range of seats.
Tiger 800 standard features
- Distinctive 800cc three cylinder engine with ride-by-wire electronic throttle control
- Up to six riding modes
- Heated rider and pillion seats
- Sump and radiator guards
- Switchable ABS and traction control
- Tailored ergonomics – adjustable seat height and handlebar position
- Onboard computer
- Premium adjustable front and rear suspension
- Centre stand
- Heated grips
- Hand guards
- Engine protection bars
- Power sockets (1 x 12v, 1 x USB)
2018 Triumph Tiger Engine Specs
- 800cc liquid-cooled, 12-valve, DOHC, in-line triple
- Bore x Stroke – 74.05 x 61.9mm
- Compression Ratio – 11.3:1
- Power – 94hp (70kW) at 9500rpm
- Torque – 77Nm (57 FT-lbs) at 8000rpm
Genuine Triumph Accessories
The Tiger 800 range also boasts over 50 optional accessories, allowing personalisation of your bike, whichever model you choose.