Urban Moto Imports this morning unveiled Benelli’s new BN302 model at Gasolina in Melbourne.
Powered by what is effectively half the engine of the BN600R, the BN302 is a 300cc parallel twin-cylinder, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder. Producing a claimed 37hp @ 11,500rpm and 27Nm of torque at 9000rpm its safe to say it likes to rev!
Urban Moto Imports expect their first machines to arrive Down Under in August and are expected to go on sale for ‘under $6000’ plus on road costs. Also mentioned at the launch this morning was a widely expanded dealer network.
Benelli came under part Chinese ownership in 2006 but the models continue to be developed and tested in Italy. Most of the premium range models are also still produced in Italy but for reasons of cost the learner focussed BN302 will be produced in one of QJ’s Chinese plants under the direct supervision of Italian Benelli personnel now based in China to ensure quality.
Established three years ago in Melbourne, Urban Moto Imports are the Australian distributors for Benelli, Bimota, Confederate, Viper and EBR.
Benelli BN302 Specifications
- Engine – 300ccTwin-cylinder, in-line, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, wet sump
- Bore x Stroke – 65 x 45.2mm
- Compression Ratio – 12.0:1
- Claimed Power – 37hp @ 11,500rpm
- Claimed Torque – 27Nm @ 9000rpm
- Induction – EFI, 2 x 38mm throttle bodies
- Transmission – six-speed, wet clutch
- Frame – Steel trestle
- Front Suspension – 41mm forks
- Rear Suspension – Adjustable single offset shock
- Brakes – 2 x 260mm discS (F), 240mm (R)
- Rims – 17 x 3.5” (F), 17 x 4.5” (R)
- Tyres – 120/70R17 (F) – 160/60R17 (R)
- L x W x H – 2115 x 800 x 1130mm
- Seat Height – 795mm
- Wheelbase – 1405mm
- Ground Clearance – 180mm
- Weight – 185kg (dry) – 196KG (wet)
- Fuel Capacity – 16 litres
- RRP – Expected to retail for under $6000 +ORC
- Warranty – Two years unlimited kilometres and two-year roadside assistance
- Due – August, 2014