2017 KTM 1090 Adventure – 125hp, WP suspension – Due in Australia May, 2017
KTM’s 1090 Adventure will arrive in Australia around May, 2017, and will sit alongside the extreme adventure 1090 Adventure R model.
The strong KTM steel trellis frame, top quality WP Suspension all around and twin 320mm Brembo brake discs up front with radial four-piston calipers leave no doubt – what you get is a genuine, fully fledged KTM Travel Enduro with some great equipment.
Extremely lightweight box pistons with a hard-wearing grafal coating, twin spark ignition, many DLC coated components and a multitude of other sophisticated details like the slipper clutch against rear wheel chatter make clear that the 1050cc powertrain contains similar levels of innovative technology as the 1290 Super Adventure models.
Plenty of power guarantees great performance in any situation with a sporting 125hp (92kW) at just 205kg of dry weight.
Electronic goodies like traction control and ABS with different modes as well as the KTM ride mode technology are also among its standard features, while the optional addition, the “Offroad Pack” adds special offroad modes.
Thanks to a contemporary VDO dashboard with two LCD displays and a handlebar-mounted menu switch, the electronics and riding assistance systems are easily configured and intuitive to operate.
The hardware is just as well though-out. The large side bags and top case from the KTM PowerParts range cling on extra tight, using nearly invisible integrated mounting points, with no extra hardware necessary.
Highly ergonomical handlebars, footpegs, levers and windshield can be adjusted in several positions, tuning the ergonomics to riders of different statures.
The lightweight 1090 Adventure is as much at home in the twisties as on gravel or dirt tracks. At 185mm suspension travel up front and 190mm in the rear, it has plenty of reserves to cope with bumpy back roads.
Mounted on sporty cast alloy wheels, the OEM Metzeler Tourance Next tires in the sizes 110/70 R 19 front and 150/70 R 17 rear deliver maximum riding fun.
Still, despite all the performance, the 1090 Adventure remains an unassuming motorcycle, which also means low ownership costs.
2017 KTM 1090 Adventure features
- Highly developed LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition
- Innovative Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection and slipper clutch
- Output 92kW/125hp
- Max. torque 109Nm
- Emissions – Euro 4
- Strong trellis frame made from highly resilient chrome-molybdenum steel
- 43mm USD forks made by WP Suspension with 185mm of travel
- WP shock absorber, 190mm travel, adjustable preload and rebound damping
- Brembo radial four-cylinder calipers, two 320mm brake discs front
- Radial master cylinder
- 267mm rear disc brake
- Aluminum handlebar, tapered and ball-burnished
- Multi-functional LCD, analog-style tachometer with adjustable shift light
- Integrated baggage carrier and case carrier for KTM luggage system
- Disengageable ABS
- Ride mode technology with three modes
- Multi-mode Traction Control (TC)
- Optional “Offroad Pack” with special offroad modes
- Tubeless Travel Enduro tires Metzeler Tourance Next
- Cast aluminum wheels in 19in front and 17in rear
- Adjustable footpegs, handlebar and windshield