Dunlop announced as a major sponsor of the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship
The partnership will see Dunlop deliver real traction for competitors in the six-round, four-state Australian Supercross Championship chase, which roars into life on Saturday night, October 10, at Bathurst, NSW, during festivities at the V8 Supercars Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 at Mount Panorama.
“Dunlop has an extremely proud record of motor sport success right around the world, and we are excited to include the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship as one of our major motorcycle sport sponsorships in Australia,” explains Sabastian Mincone, Motorcycle – Motorsport Manager for Goodyear Dunlop Tyres Australia.
“Dunlop tyres have been winning motorcycle championships around the world since 1949 and it is Dunlop’s extensive racing experience that has seen innovative technologies being utilised in the development of Dunlop tyres for everyday riders and everyday conditions, both on and off the road.”
Of course Dunlop’s expertise in the development of motocross tyre technology needs no explanation.
Dunlop has been the undisputed front runner in the world’s most prestigious Supercross battlefield – the AMA Supercross Series in the USA – for more than 40 years. During that time Dunlop has racked up more AMA Supercross race wins and championship victories than any other tyre brand.
Locally, Dunlop’s long-term sponsorships of the factory-backed CDR Yamaha and KTM Motocross Racing Team squads have kept the Dunlop brand at the front of the pack for decades, with feedback and technical input collected by the teams utilised in the design and manufacture of Dunlop’s motocross tyre range.
“With the range of tracks and venues in this year’s Australian Supercross Championship, from outdoor stadiums and showgrounds to the indoor Allphones Arena in Sydney, getting traction across all surfaces and all conditions will be vital for all Supercross competitors,” says Mincone.
“With the range of Dunlop motocross tyres on offer, from the MX32 tyre for soft to intermediate terrain conditions through to the MX52 for intermediate to hard ground surfaces, Dunlop riders will have the bases covered for all track designs.
“We certainly look forward to celebrating with Dunlop riders on the podium in the 2015 Australian Supercross Championship,” enthused Mincone.
The full range of Dunlop motorcycle tyres are available from leading motorcycle dealerships and tyre retailers in all states of Australia.
// Dunlop Geomax MX32 and MX52 tyre key features:
- + Derived from top-level AMA Supercross and Motocross racing.
- + New tread-block-within-a-block knobs offer more progressive cornering action.
- + Enhanced handling and knob durability via more flex, and less knob tearing through recess-carcass design.
- + Superior bump absorption through new damping-control sidewall rubber compound and recess-carcass design.
- + Directional front tire design provides enhanced grip and steering feel.
- + Superior grip in a wider variety of terrain.
For more Dunlop product information, please visit www.goodyeardunloptyres.com.au
Dunlop tyres are distributed throughout Australia by:
- VIC, ACT, NSW, WA – Monza Imports (03) 8327 8888
- QLD, SA, NT – Ficeda Accessories (07) 3906 7034 and (08) 8359 0176
- TAS – Fulton Enterprises (03) 6326 9199
2015 Australian Supercross Championship:
- Round 1: October 10, Bathurst, NSW
- Round 2: October 17, Jimboomba, Queensland
- Round 3: October 31, Adelaide Showground, Wayville, South Australia
- Round 4: November 21, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- Round 5: November 28, Allphones Arena, Homebush, NSW
- Round 6: December 5, Knights Stadium, Sunshine, Victoria