Situation Vacant – Technical Officer – Motorcycles
Honda Australia Motorcycle and Power Equipment Pty. Ltd. is a market-leading importer and distributor of an extensive range of Motorcycles, Power Equipment and Marine products. Honda products are state of the art technology, and provide exceptional quality, safety and superb performance.
Being part of Honda means being a part of the world’s largest and most successful engine manufacturer dedicated to supplying the highest quality products for worldwide customer satisfaction, not only for the benefit of current customers, but also for future generations.
An opportunity has arisen within the Customer Service Division for a Technical Officer.
As the Technical Officer you will be responsible for providing comprehensive Technical information and service to the Dealer Network, ensuring necessary assistance is given to enable them to carry out effective servicing and repair of any Honda MPE product as required.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Ensure telephone contact line is attended and answered at all times, in a prompt and efficient manner and that any follow-up required is provided within an appropriate time frame.
- Provide Technical support to Dealer Network, including high level diagnosis of product problems.
- Provide assistance with the updating of the Motorcycle Technical Information DVD to include latest models and technology.
- Assist with the maintenance of QIC and technical information records, and provide such information to Dealer Network,
- Dealer Business Managers (DBM’s) and Aftersales Dealer Business Manager(AS-DBM) as required.
- Assist with the testing of countermeasures, parts and instructions from Honda factories, and ensure compilation of relevant information to inform Dealer network when required.
- Assist with resolution of customer complaints or service quality deficiencies exhibited by authorised Honda franchises.
- Under the direction of the Technical Services – Manager (MC), provide warranty assistance and advice to field Employees and Dealers to ensure that Goodwill expenditure is controlled
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate technical qualifications and experience including demonstrated trouble shooting abilities.
- Ability to read, write and understand technical publications.
- Sound analytical skills and the ability to offer suggestions based on technical publications.
- Understanding of handling confidential and commercially sensitive information
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing at all levels.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to handle tasks as required achieving planned timeframes and objectives.
- Sound computer literacy with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
For more information please contact Tara Petherick at Veritas (Essendon) on 03 9948 9499.
Honda acknowledges its responsibilities to the environment and community. The organisation strives to encompass the Honda Philosophy in all of its operations; Respect for the individual, coupled with providing Joy to those who Buy, Sell and Create our products.