New 2017 Triumph T100 and T100 Black
New additions to the Bonneville range to sit between the Street Twin and the T120
- Triumph Bonneville T100 $15,300
- Triumph Bonneville T100 Two-Tone Paint $15,500
- Triumph Bonneville T100 Black $15,300
- Triumph Bonneville T100 Matt Black $15,500.00
The all-new 900cc powered T100 and T100 Black are lighter than the T120 models, more affordable to buy, easier to manage, and with over 150 accessories available, are ready to personalise.
Inspired by the legendary ’59 Bonneville, and styled to incorporate more of the iconic design, silhouette and character of the original, the T100 and T100 Black have all the timeless style and signature touches of a genuine motorcycle icon.
Combining the highest standard of detail and finish with the quality, performance, capability and comfort of the next generation Bonnevilles. Powered by the critically acclaimed 900cc Bonneville engine with more torque, better fuel economy and a rich, deeper exhaust note.
Inspired by the legendary ’59 Bonneville and styled to incorporate more of the iconic design, silhouette and character of the original, the T100 and T100 Black each have their own distinctive character, enhanced by the premium finishes and signature touches of a genuine motorcycle icon.
Sharing the distinctive Bonneville silhouette and many of the stunning features of the T120, the new T100 and T100 Black are both timeless icons, beautifully evolved. From the sculpted lines of the 14.5 litre signature fuel tank, to the intricately detailed Bonneville engine plate and stylish feature-packed twin clocks, the new T100’s set a new standard for quality and finish.
The Bonneville T100 features a wealth of classically inspired detailing and stunning chrome finishes including high-value brushed aluminium covers, classic bolt-on Triumph badges unique to these two models, and deep chrome mirrors, mudguard stays, handlebars and headlight bezel.
Contributing to the classic Bonneville profile on the T100 is the detailed comfort seat and pillion seat finished in contrast piping with deeper foam for heightened comfort.
Along with all the quality enhancements offered on the T100, the T100 Black boasts even more style and sophistication featuring fully black components including wheel rims, a twin skin peashooter exhaust in a matt black finish and blacked out engine covers for a truly unique look.
The Bonneville T100 comes in three classically inspired paint schemes
- Aegean Blue and Fusion White with hand painted coach lines
- Intense Orange and New England White with hand painted coach lines
- Jet Black
The Bonneville T100 Black is available in:
- Jet Black
- Matt Black
One of the key areas of development for both T100 models is the new chassis and suspension set-up which significantly enhances comfort levels for the rider giving a better overall riding experience whether for long distance journeys, every day use or with a pillion.
Each model features a unique longer rear suspension unit and cartridge front forks which work together to offer the rider an engaging yet easy-going riding experience.
Both the T100 and T100 Black are lighter than big brother T120 and also have a shorter wheelbase, rake and trail than the previous generation T100. This combined with a low seat height and relaxed riding position make them more accessible and easier to ride than ever before for every rider.
To further enhance the superior handling of the T100s, both bikes are fitted as standard with custom developed Pirelli Phantom Sportscomp tyres, designed especially by Pirelli for the Bonneville family with stiffness and profile changes to the front tyre, and deeper tread on the rear for secure handling and improved durability.
The high standard of detailing, quality and finish is matched by the modern capabilities which includes a host of rider-focused technology for maximum control and safety.
- Ride-by-Wire: Delivering enhanced rideability, feel, safety and control, from a single throttle body.
- ABS: The latest generation anti-lock braking system – introducing a new level of safety and control yet remaining unobtrusive and with minimal visual impact.
- Switchable Traction Control: Switchable traction control via the instrument menu helps to maximise rider safety and comfort.
- Torque Assist Clutch: Designed to reduce clutch lever effort for the rider, bringing a lighter touch and feel to the clutch and making it easier to ride, and for longer.
- LED Rear Light: Incorporated into the classic design, it creates a distinctive light pattern with enhanced power efficiency and excellent visibility.
- Engine Immobiliser: Thatcham approved immobiliser incorporated into new key with high value Triumph badge.
- USB Charging Socket: Mounted underneath the seat for convenient charging of essential devices.
- Stylish Twin Clocks: Feature packed clocks (speedo and rev counter) cleverly incorporating a digital menu system for fingertip control while riding. Including: Gear position indicator, Odometer, Two trip settings, Service indicator, Range to empty, Fuel level, Average and current fuel consumption, Clock, Traction control settings
Offering all the quality, performance, capability and comfort expected of the modern Bonneville family, the T100 and T100 Black are powered by the critically acclaimed Bonneville 900cc, ‘high torque’ 8 valve, parallel twin engine that offers more torque, better fuel economy and a rich, deeper exhaust note.
Specifically tuned to achieve much higher torque much lower down, it produces a peak torque figure of 80Nm at 3200 rpm – an increase of 18% on the outgoing Bonneville T100 for a more thrilling and engaging ride.
With enhanced throttle response from Triumph’s ride-by-wire fuel injection and a slick new five-speed gearbox the T100 models are engineered to deliver a 270° firing interval for a smooth, linear power delivery. A cutting-edge liquid cooling system, carefully integrated into the distinctive character of the Bonneville, reduces fuel emissions and significantly improves fuel efficiency by up to 29%. This, combined with a new extended service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km) dramatically reduces the overall cost of ownership.
The T100s distinctive twin pea-shooter silencers are crafted in a classic style and come with the Bonneville’s ingenious twin skin design for a superb finish and clean line, delivering a unique rich exhaust note for the unmistakeable sound of a British Twin.
A complete range of over 150 high quality accessories makes it easy for riders to really make their Bonneville T100 or T100 Black their own. For increased comfort and practicality, accessories include heated grips, a centre stand and grab rail and cruise control. For the long distance rider there is a stunning range of premium luggage options to choose from including tank bags and leather and leather canvas mix panniers.
Triumph Bonneville T100 and T100 Black Technical Specifications
- Engine – 900cc, parrallel twin, 270° crank
- Bore x Stroke – 84.6x80mm
- Compression: 10.55:1
- Power – 55hp at 5900rpm
- Torque – 80Nm at 3230rpm
- Induction – Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection, Single throttle-body
- Clutch: Torque assist, wet multi-plate, cable operated
- Gearbox: Five-speed
- Front Suspension – 41mm KYP cartridge forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension – KYB twin shocks, adjustable preload, 120mm travel
- Brakes – Single two-piston Nissin axial floating caliper, and 310mm disc (F); 255mm rear disc, two-piston Nissin floating caliper (R). ABS
- Rims – Cast wheels
- Seat Height – 780mm
- Fuel Capacity – 14.5 litres
- Dry Weight – 200kg