ASBK 2011 – Round Six – Queensland Raceway
— Transcript from as it happened live page
- 1535 – Forecast tomorrow is for showers….
- 1531 – Interview with race one winner Wayne Maxwell (Download MP3)
- 1405 – ASBK Race One Full Results (PDF)
- 1400 – Provisional Championship Points after race one
1 Glenn ALLERTON (VIC) 246
2 Ben ATTARD (QLD) 178
3 Troy HERFOSS (VIC) 173
4 Jamie STAUFFER (NSW) 170
5 Craig COXHELL (VIC) 167
6 Wayne MAXWELL (VIC) 161
7 Joshua WATERS (VIC) 139
8 Robert BUGDEN (QLD) 133
9 Cole ODENDAAL (NSW) 123
10 Ben HENRY (QLD) 110
- 1357 – Supplementary notes added afterwards – We believe Glenn Allerton’s crew counted the laps down wrong and Glenn thought he had another lap to make his move for the win only to come round and get the chequered flag. Debatable whether he would have indeed been able to get the better of Wayne Maxwell, but Glenn is of the opinion that he could of.
- 1337 – Download audio commentary from race one (DOWNLOAD MP3)
- 1332 – ASBK Race One Results
2. Allerton 0.224
3. Attard 3.44
4. Bugden 3.58
5. Coxhell 5.82
6. Waters 5.94
7. Charlton 15.04
8. Herfoss 26.64
9. Henry 33.83
10. Cole 35.37
11. Magee 36.44 (Pro Stock)
12. B Waters 37.44 (Pro Stock)
13. Houterman 56.47 (Pro Stock)
14. Snowsill 64.43
- 1331 – Still Maxwell in the lead, this will be his, yes unless Glenn throws all caution to the wind, Maxwell will win…. Attard through on Bugden to clinch a podium
- 1331 – Last lap board and Maxwell leads Allerton by – 0.376, so Glenn is still in the mix…. Attard trying to get in position to mug Bugden for third on this final lap….
- 1330 – Maxwell got the better run through those lapped riders and he now has a good advantage over Allerton, I think this race will go to the Honda man….
- 1329 – Maxwell must have made a mistake on that last lap or got held up by a lapped rider for Allerton to have reduced that gap so markedly. Two laps to run and they are nose to tail in the battle for the win as they come up on more lapped traffic…
- 1328 – Allerton all over Maxwell now, not sure if Maxwell has made a mistake or if Allerton has been saving his charge for this later part of the race…. This lap time will be interesting….
- 1327 – Attard under Waters… Holds it together this time and has clinched that fourth place. Maxwell leads by 1.07 seconds from Allerton, Bugden third and not far behind Allerton, close enough to mount a challenge in the closing stages for that second place…
- 1326 – Bugden still third, and with a three second buffer over Waters and Attard, who with four laps to run will not be able to get on terms with Bugden and challenge for that final spot on the rostrum
- 1325 – Attard also passes Coxhell, the Aprilia back up into fifth place. Attard trying to get on terms with Waters, Coxhell trying to stay with them, the back end of his machine breaking away at times
- 1324 – Maxwell has not won a race this year but this could be his breakthrough after a shocking run of luck which has seen some frustration set in so is eager for a strong run home in the series.
- 1323 – Seven laps to run and Maxwell leads by 0.748 from Allerton, who in turn has half a second on Bugden, then Coxhell is 3.94 seconds behind the leader and is under attack from Waters who is trying to make up for his earlier mistake
- 1322 – Wayne is looking good and has it in his hands if he can keep it together
- 1321 – Maxwell inching away from Allerton ever so slightly, the gap now half a second, a further second back is Bugden
- 1320 – Maxwell, Allerton, Bugden, Coxhell, and Waters in fifth and is the fastest man on the circuit
- 1320 – Maxwell through to the lead now! Allerton trails, will Maxwell be able to make a break?
- 1319 – Maxwell looking to try and mug Attard also, this is tight and close stuff… Attard under into turn three, so deep, was never going to do it…. Runs wide and off into the dirt, that’s his challenge done and dusted, he will rejoin but will not contest the podium
- 1318 – The top three are nose to tail, or side by side depending on where they are on the track… Attard’s lines look good and he looks comfortable…. He might have the advantage in this one as the laps count down….
- 1317 – Allerton leads from Attard and Maxwell, that pair right on his heels…
- 1316 – Waters having none of it though and is in the lead and looking aggressive! Josh off into the dirt on the exit of turn three…. That’s his challenge done but he will rejoin….
- 1315 – Jamie went down losing the front… Allerton down to 9.8s and trying to make a break…
- 1314 – Jamie is fine, but he is out of this race… Allerton leads from Waters and Attard…. Two riders down at turn three…. Allerton leads from Waters, Maxwell looking to challenge Attard.
- 1313 – Jamie leads, Maxwell and Herfoss run very wide at turn three and lose some positions…. Waters up the inside of Attard. Jamie down at turn four!!!
- 1312 – Away we go! Jamie and Ben away well… Attard leads them through turn one… Holds it down the back cute for the first time, Allerton tries around the outside of Stauffer at turn three! Amazing stuff…. Attard holds the lead through the double-left… Jamie shoves it under him at turn five, Allerton and Stauffer side by side to the penultimate turn… Jamie getting a break through turn one for the second time…
- 1311 – Clouds are above, the wind is blowing but we have a dry track…
- 1310 – Bikes away on the warm-up lap…
- 1305 – Actually I believe we are on schedule. Bikes have formed us up on the grid and about to observe a minute silence in memory of Ken Wootton
- 1302 – Some more images to keep you entertained in the meantime – Gallery D
- 1300 – Not too long to run before Superbikes are heading out, although I believe there has been some delay due to some problems with the four-wheel support categories
- 1235 – We do not believe this afternoon’s race will be shown as part of the V8 Supercar telecast today, but the race will be shown as part of tomorrow’s telecast. A minute’s silence will also be observed in memory of Ken Wootton
- 1222 – A cold change just came over here, the wind picked up and the temperatures dropped… Some clouds gathering around, I think we will be okay but pit bosses are getting nervous enough to be pulling wet forks and shocks out of their transporters just in case….
- 1048 – Full ASBK Superpole Results (PDF)
- 1046 – Here is another pictorial to keep you amused. – Gallery C – We are going to go for a wander and will be back updating before the opening Superbike race scheduled to get underway this afternoon at 1305
- 1037 – ASBK Superpole Results
1. Stauffer 9.112
2. Waters 9.259
3. Maxwell 9.638
4. Attard 9.84
5. Herfoss 9.89
6. Allerton 10.15
7. Bugden 10.29
8. Coxhell 10.38
- 1033 – Maxwell crosses the stripe to start his lap… That run through 1 and 2 looked like Jamie’s, the Honda’s are riding the bumps the best by far looking at their behaviour over the bumps. Jamie and Wayne look like they can commit, the others look as they are holding back as their bikes wriggle and writhe… A 9.638 to Maxwell so Jamie pole, Josh Waters, Maxwell, Attard, Herfoss, Allerton, Bugden and Coxhell rounds out the top eight qualifiers
- 1032 – Josh looks tidy, his Suzuki also looking a little softer than the other machines… Just misses out! A 9.259
- 1030 – Jamie on it! Back comes up a little high for comfort under brakes for three…. He looks aggressive… This will be quickest I reckon…. 9.11…. It looked quick and it was quick!
- 1028 – Local boy Ben Attard on the sonorous Aprilia on his lap now… Suspension looks good, a tight line out of three though…. Didn’t run it out to the line…. Good through the double left though, final turns.. The lines looked conservative…. But the result puts him top of the pops….. A 9.874
- 1026 – Allerton on now… Not as untidy as the Team Suzuki boys through turn two, looked a little similar to Coxhell through there actually… Controlled aggression from Glen, certainly holding some restraint….. 10.15 to the BMW maestro. Again, not a great result
- 1025 – Coxhell now, his front end looks stiffer over the bumps and it is not rebounding as bad…. Didn’t look like a great entry to the middle double left…. Be interesting to see the time…. A 10.38 the result, Craig will not be happy with that. He didn’t look on maximum attack though it must be said…
- 1023 – Herfoss now…. Again huge fork action out of turn two…. It looks better than Robbie though…. I must say it doesn’t look fun out there…. Just bumps and front and rear end slides…. 9.89 to Herfoss, a good result as the breeze starts picking up a little more… Herfoss nearly failed to get it stopped for turn three, huge foot out action like MotoGP so that definitely cost him so considering that, not a bad result…
- 1021 – Timers running for Bugden…. Gee he is having a go, wobbling and squiggling all over the bumps, down to the back hairpin now… Brakes for the double left, spins up again on exit… Run into the final double right didn’t look great…. Don’t think he will be happy with that…. The result….. 10.29… A huge front end lose the biggest cost factor but basically everywhere the forks looked to be pumping and outside their comfort zone…
- 1020 – I believe many teams used both their tyres yesterday as they expected this morning’s cooler conditions not to be conducive to fast laptimes, but while only two riders dipped into the 9s yesterday, four were in the 9s this morning. First rider out now…
- 1016 – Conditions are mainly fine this morning here at Willowbank. Track temp for qualifying this morning was a cool 14c but will probably be double that by now
- 1015 – V8 qualifying just wrapped up and we are prepping for ASBK Superpole. Results from this morning’s qualifying session can be linked to from below along with a summary of our other content from QLD Raceway thus far this weekend.