New Suzuki GSX-R1000 Revealed
It has been three decades and more than a million sold since the GSX-R line was born. A decade and a half since the first GSX-R1000 changed the open sportbike class forever.
Now, the 6th-generation GSX-R1000 is redefining what it means to be The Top Performer. It embodies the life work and professional ambition of Suzuki engineers who are passionate about the GSX-R1000 and its place in motorcycle history. Men who love riding and racing, enthusiasts determined to restore the GSX-R1000 to its title of The King of Sportbikes. It is the most powerful, hardest-accelerating, cleanest-running GSX-R ever built.
It is also the lightest, the most compact, the most aerodynamic and the best-handling GSX-R1000, with smoother throttle response and better combustion efficiency. With a supremely effective electronic engine management system that doesn’t require a degree in engineering to understand–and doesn’t need constant adjustment by a squad of computer technicians to work.
Above all, it is a GSX-R. By definition, it is built to run right and be reliable, and designed to help make everybody a better rider. By plan, it is engineered using experience gained during 30 Years of Domination in production-based Superbike, Superstock and Endurance races worldwide, combined with new proprietary technology developed in the MotoGP World Championship.
The new GSX-R1000 is completely new from ground up. But the proud, traditional, core engineering philosophy of producing the best possible performance has been inherited by the latest GSX-R1000.
Throughout 30 years of GSX-R development, Suzuki engineers have focused on the fundamentals that make a great sportbike. Those fundamentals can be distilled down into three simple, yet powerful words: Run. Turn. Stop. The newest GSX-R1000 is built using the latest state-of-the-art technology to embody those fundamentals into the powerful combination of Acceleration, Cornering and Braking.
For three decades, the Suzuki GSX-R line has earned its reputation for durability, reliability and consistently excellent performance in endurance racing, overcoming the toughest conditions over incredible durations. The latest GSX-R1000 is engineered to continue that legacy of outstanding results over the long haul.
From the beginning, the GSX-R has been known for its racetrack potential. The first GSX-R was introduced as being Born On The Circuit, and ready to Return To The Circuit. Inspired by factory racebikes, the original GSX-R immediately proved itself racetrack capable. The new GSX-R1000 continues that tradition, whether set up in relatively stock form for track-day fun or modified for full-on races.
When Suzuki engineers redesigned the GSX-R1000 from nose to tail, every part, nut and bolt was carefully reviewed. Most of the major parts and components were refined and improved to ensure world-beating performance.
The product concept of GSX-R1000 is:
- No.1 Sportbike The goal is, regain the King of Sportbikes crown. It embodies the personal and professional ambition of Suzuki engineers, who are determined to restore the GSX-R1000 to its proper title of The King of Sportbikes. It is the most powerful, hardest-accelerating, cleanest-running GSX-R ever built.
- Engine design
– The most powerful GSX-R engine ever built.
– Increased top-end without sacrificing low-end and mid-range power.
– Optimized engine dimensions to enhance cornering performance.
– Increased performance and drivability with MotoGP derived technology.
– Endurance-race-proven durability and reliability.
- Chassis design
– The lightest GSX-R1000 ever built.
– The most compact GSX-R1000 chassis ever produced.
– Optimized geometry to increase rider confidence in Run. Turn. Stop.
– Rider-oriented handling.
– The most aerodynamic GSX-R1000 in history.
- Electronics design
– Added rider confidence in Run. Turn. Stop.
– Increased rider usability and convenience.
- Styling design
– Retained GSX-R styling identity.
– Refined for aerodynamic performance.
– MotoGP-derived shape and color.
– Sleek bodywork enhances the lightweight chassis.
Suzuki GSX-R1000 K7 Highlights
- Engine All-new 999cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline-four
- Chassis All-new aluminum frame
- Bodywork New aerodynamic bodywork
- Electronics Ride by wire electronic throttle bodies
- 10-level Traction Control System
- S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector)
- Electronically controlled ABS
- Quick shift system
- Launch control system
- SHOWA BFFⓇ (Balance Free Front forks)
- SHOWA BFRC LiteⓇ (Balance Free Rear Cushion)
- Electric LED headlight
- Full LCD instrumentation
- LED position lights
- LED turn signals