Yamaha R3 Cup confirmed for 2017
After a highly successful 2016 season, the R3 Cup will return for 2017, supported by YMA, YMF and YMI
Due to the overwelming success of the 2016 R3 Cup series, YMA is pleased to announce the affordable and hassle free series will continue for 2017.
The competition will be held over five rounds in conjunction with the ASBK with the final round at the iconic Phillip Island with headline sponsors YMF and YMI once again joining the party.
Steven Cotterell – YMA General Manager and Director
“The huge success of the 2016 R3 Cup has made the decision to go again for 2017 a no-brainer. This entry level competition emphasises the enjoyment of riding and competing on equal and cost effective machinery. Yamaha is continuing to introduce new riders to the sport in order to help build a more solid future for Australian road racing.”
Dates are listed below – note that official ASBK tests will also take place for R3 Cup Competitors on the following dates: Wakefield Park 7-8 March, Winton 11-12 April and Morgan Park 9-10 August 2017.
2017 R3 Cup Series Calendar
- Wakefield Park Raceway, Goulburn NSW 17-19 March
- Winton Motor Raceway, Benalla VIC 28-30 April
- Morgan Park Raceway, Warwick Qld 25-27 August
- SMSP, Eastern Creek NSW 8-10 September
- Phillip Island Prix Circuit, VIC 6-8 October
The YMF/YMI R3 Cup will once again be presented by Yamaha Motor Finance and Insurance and is aimed at entry level road racers and junior MX, short circuit and dirt track riders.
YMA is subsidising the cost of the race kitted bikes in order to assist riders wanting a low cost, hassle free introduction road racing.
Just $7900 buys a YZF-R3 in road trim with the addition of a full race kit, which gives the option to return the bike into roadgoing form if desired.
Yamaha YMF/YMI R3 Cup race kit
- Plain black racing fibreglass bodywork set, includes bellypan oil catch tray and plugs
- A decal kit featuring the associated contingency brands.
- Mupo rear suspension unit and Mupo front fork springs and internal damper assembly.
- Oxford rear wheel race stand
- Rear set footpeg kit – allows nine positions for footpegs back and up from standard
- Range of sprockets – Standard is 14/43, 13 front, 42 and 43 rear for tuning for each circuit
- Akrapovic Racing exhaust system – Increased power, lighter and provides better ground clearance
- Muffler mounting bracket – enables removal of pillion foot rest
- Repositioning kit for handlebars – places them under the top triple clamp for a crouched racing position
- R+G Axle and fairing crash knobs, stand pickups, chain guard, engine case protection set, Radiator guard
- Yamalube Service kit and CD with parts book and service manual
To make it even easier, the customer may purchase the racing YZF-R3 using YMF finance. With the package price of $7900.00 the repayment amount over a 12 month term would be $168 per week or over a 24 month term $88 – both rounded numbers.
To be eligible for the YMF/YMI R3 Cup Championship – as well as the considerable prize and contingency packages that will be on offer – four of the five rounds that are planned need to be competed.
YMF/YMI R3 Cup prizes and contingencies are once again focused on the lower grades and newcomers. Past champions, ‘A’ graders, internationals, and VIPs will be welcome to compete but will not be eligible for points or prizes.
Please go to www.yamaha-motor.com.au to download an application form.