2015 Suzuki RM-Z250 lands this month
The 2015 Suzuki RM-Z250 is set to continue to be a favourite among Junior and Senior Lites riders as it hits Australian showrooms this month.
Boasting a power-packed 249cc, four-stroke, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, the RM-Z250 promises championship winning performance with superb acceleration, fast throttle response and excellent mid-range power and torque.
The 2015 model maintains the key features that have made the RM-Z250 the weapon of choice for Lites riders around the globe with its excellent cornering ability, a slick-shifting transmission, strong engine power and high levels of refinement.
- The 249cm³, 4-stroke, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, with a compact and lightweight design, powers the RM-Z250’s championship-winning performance.
- Through feedback from factory racing, the piston and piston pin were developed using Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
- The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer.
- The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
- The aluminium cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
- The transmission design achieves a smooth yet solid shift feel. The method of fastening the sprocket attains a quick shift feel.
- The 48mm Separate Function front Fork (SFF) type 2 from Showa, separates the spring and damping tasks. The right leg contains the spring, while the left leg incorporates the cartridge assembly to manage damping. This results in reduced friction, increased absorption performance, and weight saving.
- The front fork spring pre-load and damping force are fully adjustable, allowing a wider range of setting.
- Smart chassis design details include footrest brackets shaped to help prevent mud build-up.
- Top shelf componentry including race-inspired waved discs, Excel rims and Renthal Fatbar handlebars are all fitted as standard equipment.
- The two-tone gripper seat cover has a knurled pattern on its grey top surface to provide the rider with additional grip.
- Two couplers are included for quickly adjusting the fuel mapping to suit the riding conditions. One is for a richer fuel setting than the stock setting and the other is for a learner fuel setting. Customer can change the fuel mapping to suit the best riding conditions by simply connecting either coupler.
- A maintenance cap for the fuel pump and a plug for the fuel hose are included for ease of maintenance when the customer removes the fuel tank for maintenance.
- The muffler body uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.
The 2015 RM-Z250 is available now for a reduced recommended retail price of just $9,990*
For further information on the Suzuki 2015 RM-Z250, interested customers should visit their local Suzuki dealer, who can be found through the dealer locator on www.suzuki.com.au – * Recommended Price includes GST, excludes dealer delivery charges.