2016 MX Nationals calendar released
Motorcycling Australia (MA) has announced the round dates, venues and classes for the 2016 MX Nationals.
Following on from a spectacular championship in 2015, the nation’s best motocross riders will again go to battle in a series spanning 10 rounds across five states.
Classes up for grabs in 2016 include MX1, MX2, MXD and 85cc Cup, the Rising Star Rookies, Vets (30-39 and 40+) and the Australian Women’s Motocross Championship.
In a repeat of last year’s schedule, the locations for the first four rounds of the series will remain the same with the championship opener taking place in Horsham (VIC) on April 3.
Rounds two, three and four will again be held in Appin (NSW), Broadford (VIC) and Murray Bridge (SA) respectively, before the MX Nationals roadshow makes its return to the west after a year’s absence in Wanneroo (WA) in late May.
Conondale will also have the opportunity to host its first MX Nationals event since 2014 in round seven, while Nowra (NSW), Shepparton (VIC) and Toowoomba (QLD) all again feature on the calendar in 2016.
As has been the case in the last three years, Coolum (QLD) will host the 2016 MX Nationals finale on August 28.
2016 MX Nationals Championship calendar
- Round 1: April 3 – Horsham, VIC (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and 85cc Cup)
- Round 2: April 17 – Appin, NSW (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and Rising Star Rookies)
- Round 3: May 1 – Broadford, VIC (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and Amateur Cup)
- Round 4: May 22 – Murray Bridge, SA (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and 85cc Cup)
- Round 5: May 29 – Wanneroo, WA (Classes MX1, MX2, & C Grade Lites)
- Round 6: July 3 – Nowra, NSW (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and Amateur Cup)
- Round 7: July 17 – Conondale, QLD (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD and Vets – both classes)
- Round 8: July 31 – Shepparton, VIC (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD, and Rising Star Rookies)
- Round 9: August 21 – Toowoomba, QLD (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD, and Amateur Cup)
- Round 10: August 28 – Coolum, QLD (Classes MX1, MX2, MXD, Rising Star Rookies, 85cc Cup, Australian Women’s MX Championship)