MV Agusta F4 RC Melbourne Reveal
By Trevor Hedge
New MV Agusta distributor (since February, 2015), Urban Moto Imports staged a special reveal of the flagship MV Agusta F4 RC last night in Melbourne.
Limited to only 250 units worldwide, 12-15 of which are scheduled to come to Australia, the MV Agusta F4 RC is the first model to come out of the collaboration with Mercedes-AMG, who took a 25 per cent stake in MV Agusta late last year.
All the machines making their way Down Under are already spoken for at a price around $63,000.
Details that make the MV Agusta F4 RC, or Reparto Corse if you want the long moniker, stand out from the regular, hardly garden variety F4, in a surprising amount of details.
Magnesium is used extensively where possible with 11 magnesium covers and the same number of carbon-fbre parts also add that extra air of exclusivity.
The crankshaft is 487g lighter and 333 of the bolts used throughout the machine are made from titanium to further help weight reduction.
Each 79×50.9mm cylinder is fed by two injectors, the upper using Magneti Marelli components while further down in the throttle bodies Mikuni injectors are utilised.
The Ohlins gear is sourced from the upper shelf of the Swedish company’s inventory with NIX 30 forks and TTX36 shock.
Forged rims are a standard part of the package as is a beautifully packaged box inlcuding the race kit parts that help up the power from 205hp to the full 212hp. Items included in the no-cost kit include a Termignoni exhaust system, ECU, pillion seat cover, Ergal fairing plugs and special fuel cap.
All the machines are individually numbered and come with a certificate of authenticity personally signed by Giovanni Castiglioni.
MV Agusta F4 RC Technical Specifications
- Engine – 998cc Four-cylinder, four-stroke, 16-valve, DOHC, radial valves
- Compression Ration – 13.4:1
- Bore x Stroke – 79×50.9mm
- Power – 212hp at 13,600rpm
- Torque – 115Nm at 9300rpm
- EFI – Ride by wire MVICS and Eldor EM2.0 ECU, selectable maps, variable length intake runners
- Quickshift – MV EAS 2.0 providing quick shifts both up and down the box
- Clutch – Wet multi-plate slipper, Brembo radial pump
- Transmission – Cassette style six-speed
- Forks – 43mm Ohlins NIX30, 124mm travel
- Shock – Ohlins TTX36, 120mm travel
- Front Brakes – Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo GP Radial four-piston calipers, Brembo radial pump
- Rear Brake – 210mm disc with Nissin four-piston caliper
- ABS – Bosch 9 Plus with race mode and rear wheel lift mitigation
- Rims – Forged alloy, 3.5×17″ and 6×17″
- Tyres – 120/70ZR17 and 200/55ZR17
- Steering Damper – Ohlins linear telescopic
- Frame – CrMo steel tubular trellis, single sided alloy swingarm with adjustable pivot height
- Wheelbase – 1430mm
- L x W – 2115 x 750mm
- Seat Height – 830mm, adjustable pegs
- Trail – 100.4mm
- Dry Weight – 175kg with supplied kit exhaust or 183kg in ADR trim
- Fuel Capacity – 17 litres
- Maximum Speed – 302km/h