New 2017 Triumph Street Cup – Cafe Racer
New Triumph Street Cup – Thruxton R styling for a budget price, arriving in late November at $15,600 +ORC
Delivering on Triumph’s ambition to bring riders more choice, and build on the Street Twin’s position as the fun and accessible contemporary Bonneville, the new Street Cup joins the Street Twin line up as the contemporary urban sports custom street racer.
With a name inspired by the club racing scene, the Street Cup has been designed to deliver all the attitude, personality, presence and style of a contemporary custom cafe racer for today’s riders.
- All the stripped back style, iconic silhouette, clean lines and minimal bodywork of the Street Twin,
- New distinctive urban sports features, including an authentic bullet seat and removable ‘cafe racer’ seat cowl, racing inspired fly screen and bar end mirrors.
- Premium finishes, hand applied coach-lining and exciting 2-tone paint schemes.
- Dynamic sports focused ergonomics, engaged riding position and agile handling.
- Dedicated urban sports equipment, including dropped ‘Ace’ bars, unique RSUs, new Nissin twin piston sliding front caliper and floating disc.
- Unique chassis for a neutral and predictable ride with a low seat height and confidence inspiring “stand-over” – delivering a truly accessible bike for every type of rider.
- Critically acclaimed 900cc ‘High Torque’ Bonneville engine perfect for urban blasts and twisty B-road ride-outs.
- Dedicated shorter and lighter twin satin black and stainless steel upswept silencers, for a unique raw, rich and full soundtrack.
- Rider-focused technology for precision, control and safety, including ride-by-wire, switchable traction control, ABS and a torque assist clutch.
- Like the Street Twin, the Cup has a low seat height and ‘stand-over’ ergonomics for rider confidence and control.
- Built to personalise with over 120 accessories for even more sporty attitude, style and comfort.
Sharing the same contemporary custom styling principles as the Street Twin, the new Street Cup has the iconic Bonneville silhouette combined with clean lines, minimal bodywork and modern finishes. These include cast wheels, elegant fuel tank with a locking fuel cap, black sculpted engine covers with the Triumph makers mark triangle and Bonneville engine badge, elegant single throttle body with aluminium finisher and distinctive finned head and header clamps.
The critically acclaimed 900cc Bonneville engine from the Street Twin, makes the Street Cup the perfect companion for urban blasts and twisty B-road ride-outs. A major update to the original Bonneville engine platform, the 900cc engine features a charismatic 270° firing interval for smooth, linear power delivery from the slick five-speed gearbox.
The engine is specifically tuned to deliver performance just where you need it, with an 18% increase in peak torque and up to 22% greater horse power in the mid-range than the previous generation engine, with peak torque figures of 80 Nm at 3200 rpm.
Enhanced throttle response from Triumph’s ride-by-wire fuel injection and cutting-edge liquid cooling system, carefully integrated into the distinctive character of the Street Cup, reduces fuel emissions and significantly improves fuel efficiency by up to 36% on the previous generation. This, combined with a new extended service interval of 10,000 miles (16,000km) dramatically reduces the overall cost of ownership.
The Street Cup’s all new distinctive shorter and lighter twin upswept silencers, with satin black painted wrap and stainless steel end cap deliver the unmistakable sound of a British
To match its ‘street racer’ attitude the Street Cup has been developed to deliver more dynamic and sports focused ergonomics – without compromise to everyday comfort. Compared to the Street Twin the rider is seated slightly higher and further back and the handlebar position is lower and slightly further forwards. This delivers a more engaged riding position and also improves physical turn in.
There are new distinctive dropped ‘Ace’ style bars and new, model specific rear suspension units that are longer (though still with the same 120mm rear wheel travel of the Street Twin), which raises the back end and steepens the head angle. Combined with the sporty riding position this enhances the bikes agility for direction changes.
Taking the Street Cup to a new level of specification we have new high value 2-piston sliding axial Nissin caliper with machined branding and a floating brake disc.
Just like the Street Twin, the new Street Cup chassis set-up is tuned to deliver a confidence inspiring and engaging ride. With the same evolution to “stand-over” ergonomics for feet flat on the floor manoeuvrability and low seat height, at 780mm, the Street Cup is a truly accessible and fun bike for every type of rider to get on and go.
As you would expect from its name the new Street Cup is also absolutely loaded with distinctive and beautiful urban sports features and details, including:
- Authentic bullet seat with Alcantara effect top panel, beautifully accented with Silver contrast stitching.
- Café racer inspired seat cowl, body colour painted with number board graphics. Easily removable to reveal pillion seat area.
- Colour matched fly-screen with matching graphic.
- Contemporary bar-end mirrors with forged arms.
- Twin clocks with polished stainless steel bezels, as featured on Thruxtons.
- Thruxton R style foot pegs
- Thruxton forged headlight mounts and painted bowl and bezel
- Sporty fork protectors, replacing the Street Twin’s classic ‘fork gaiters’
- Stylish Black bullet indicators
There is also an incredibly high level of finish across the whole bike with hand applied coach-lining on the tank, pin-striped wheels, Gold coloured engine badges and unique decals and Triumph tank badges.
In terms of paint schemes there are two exciting two-tone options to choose from, either Racing Yellow and Silver Ice with Jet Black hand-applied coach lining and Racing Yellow wheel pin-striping or Jet Black and Silver Ice with Gold hand-applied coach lining and Gold wheel pin-striping
Triumph Street Cup Technical Specifications
- Engine – 900cc, parrallel twin, 270° crank
- Bore x Stroke – 84.6x80mm
- Compression: 10.55:1
- Power – 55hp at 5900rpm
- Torque – 80Nm at 3230rpm
- Induction – Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection, Single throttle-body
- Clutch: Torque assist, wet multi-plate, cable operated
- Gearbox: Five-speed
- Front Suspension – 41mm KYP cartridge forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension – KYB twin shocks, adjustable preload, 120mm travel
- Brakes – Single two-piston Nissin axial floating caliper, and 310mm disc (F); 255mm rear disc, two-piston Nissin floating caliper (R). ABS
- Rims – Cast wheels
- Seat Height – 780mm
- Fuel Capacity – 12 litres
- Dry Weight – 200kg