Creation of a new premier class for 2016 FIM Enduro World Championship
The FIM Enduro World Championship ABC Communication will feature a new EnduroGP category starting from next year.
The creation of this new premier class aims to simplify and revitalise the image of Enduro with both the public and the media. This decision will be submitted for approval at the 2015 FIM General Assembly.
The FIM Enduro World Championship will also to continue to offer contenders in E1, E2, E3 and the Junior categories an improved chance of capturing a World Championship title in one of these remaining classes. The introduction of the EnduroGP class will bring together all of the discipline’s elite riders to fight for one title.
• The EnduroGP category will consist of up to 16 riders
• FIM EnduroGP World Champion and the associated manufacturers titles will be awarded at the end of the season
• E1, E2 or E3 motorcycles will be eligible to compete in the new EnduroGP class
• Other FIM Enduro World Championship and Cup titles will stay: E1 – E2 – E3 – Juniors, Youth and Women’s
The classes for the FIM Enduro World Championship are:
- EnduroGP – From E1, E2 or E3
- Enduro 1 – From 100cc to 125cc 2-stroke / From 175cc to 250cc 4-stroke
- Enduro 2 – From 175cc to 250cc 2-stroke / From 290cc to 450cc 4-stroke
- Enduro 3 – From 290cc to 500cc 2-stroke / From 475cc to 650cc 4-stroke
- Enduro Junior – The riders must be aged less than 23 years at 1 January of the year of the Championship and holders of a valid driving licence.
- Enduro Youth – From 100cc to 125cc, 2-stroke / The riders entering must be aged less than 20 years at 1 January of the year of the Championship and holders of a valid driving licence.
The selection process for riders eligible to participate in EnduroGP will be set out soon by the bureau of the FIM Enduro Commission (CEN).
2016 provisional calendars, 10 July 2015
MAXXIS FIM SuperEnduro World Championship
- 05 December 2015 Lodz Poland PZM
- 02 January 2016 Riesa Germany DMSB
- 16 January 2016 Milan Italy FMI (including women)
- 20 February 2016 Villa Gesell Argentina CAMOD
- 27 February 2016 Belo Horizonte Brazil CDM
- 12 March 2016 Prague Czech Republic DMSB (tbc)
MAXXIS FIM Enduro World Championship
- 8-10 April Agadir Morocco FMS
- 15-17 April Gouveia Portugal FMP
- May TBA Greece AMOTOE
- 10-12 June Heinola Finland SML (including women)
- 17-19 June Enkooping Sweden SVEMO (including women)
- 01-03 July Gordexola Spain RFME (including women)
- 15-17 July Fabriano Italy FMI
- September TBC TBA TBA TBA (including women)
FIM International Six Days’ Enduro
- October 2016 TBA Spain RFME