Indian release details of new Indian Scout
Indian Motorcycle has today announced the launch of the all-new Indian Scout; a contemporary yet classic interpretation of one of motorcycling’s most famous and coveted bikes. With DNA that will appeal to riders of multiple skill sets and abilities, the new Scout was unveiled Saturday night to a gathering of press, VIPs and celebrities at the 2014 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, USA.
2015 Indian Scout
Weighing in at a wet weight of 253kg – amongst the lightest in class, the all-new Indian Scout was derived from a clean sheet design, creating a potent and precise middle-weight cruiser that carries forward the spirit of innovation that made it one of the most storied bikes of all time.
Indian Scout offers a new chassis design featuring a lightweight and rigid cast aluminium frame coupled with a low 642mm seat height.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, 100 HP V-twin engine, the all-new Indian Scout is powerful yet approachable. Its low seat height, manoeuvrability and lightweight design makes the Scout appealing to riders of all sizes and experience levels while the high horsepower and superior handling make it a bike that will thrill even the most experienced riders.
This is the first truly new Indian Scout in more than 70 years, and marks the return of the legendary bikes that conquered the infamous “Wall of Death”, carried the legendary “Indian Wrecking Crew” motorcycle race team to multiple victories. Technology and designs derived from Scout models played a significant role for Allied 2 Forces in World War II and a 1920 Indian Scout earned the title of the “world’s fastest Indian” as proven by Burt Munro in 1967.
“Over the course of 30 years of countless innovations, racing wins, world records and industry firsts, the Scout has earned its reputation as a versatile, multifaceted bike that appeals to just about every rider and every riding style, with superior handling, balance, performance and craftsmanship,” said Peter Harvey – Indian Motorcycle Australia Country Manager. “Our designers and engineers have taken that heritage and those characteristics and fused it into the 2015 Indian Scout, and we think just about everyone who rides this incredible bike is going to feel like it was built just for them.”
The new Scout offers:
• The look of a classic “rigid triangle” design that is synonymous with original Scouts, coupled with a set of premium coil over monotube rear shocks and ABS braking, this bike delivers exceptional ride, handling and comfort
• A 642mm seat height, 1562mm wheelbase and 134mm ground clearance, delivering a confidence-inspiring 31 degrees of lean angle and low centre of gravity, along with exceptional high and low speed manoeuvrability
• A premium, genuine tan leather solo bucket seat, making the 2015 Indian Scout pure Indian and the onlybrand to offer this seating as standard
The 2015 Indian Scout is powered by an all-new 1133cc V-twin engine that combines all the design, performance and reliability elements that made the original Scouts unbeatable and mates it with state-of-the-art components and modern technologies. Smooth, flawless power throughout the power band, featuring:
• Liquid cooled design for 100 HP of pure power, along with enhanced durability and reliability
• Out of respect for the legendary Scouts of the 1920s, 30s and 40s, the 2015 Scout carries forward classic engine design cues with purposeful styling that honours both form and function
• Closed loop fuel injection and drive-by-wire throttle actuation mated to a 6-speed overdrive transmission for peak torque of 98 Nm of torque at 5900 RPM
The 2015 Indian Scout will be priced from $17,995 ride away, with the first bikes expected to arrive in Australia late in the 4th quarter. It is available in Thunder Black, Indian Motorcycle Red, Silver Smoke (matte finish) and Thunder Black Smoke (matte finish).